Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Lady G, passed my CCH class Saturday, only thing that remains is paperwork, background check, fingerprints, and $150.00 for ID.

Polarbear
Way to go PB. Should be easy to hide just about anything in those Overalls you wear around.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Nothing like a Hot Babe carrying some hot iron, riding a hot machine. Damn, that Travis is one lucky dude.
Good luck LG, should be a piece of cake.
Thanks LittleBear! I'm really enjoying learning how to use and shoot all sorts of different guns - it's nice to know how different guns work and how to be safe with them all - and how to SHOOT them all should the occasion arise! (God forbid).

Yesterday we brought out an old coconut that we had and I got to blast it! LOL! Travus told me it's more fun to see sh*t blow up when you shoot it, and he was right! I had that coconut hopping all over the place...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
Travus told me it's more fun to see sh*t blow up when you shoot it, and he was right! I had that coconut hopping all over the place...
Exploding coconuts?!?!?
I picture milk spraying all over the place.

Anybody got a lime?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like you'll be passing the exam with flying colors, Laurie! Always best off shooting the gun that fits your hand, and .38s through a .357 is always sweet and smooth. For grins, try a 1911-style .45 and see what you think.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
captainlee

Hey Lady G , I have been wondering does that aligator smell like fish !!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 PM
pops

Lady G
In Texas if you qualify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver, if you qualify with a semi auto you can carry anything (within reason),, unless the law has changed the last year or two, might want to check out how it works there
Old 02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pops View Post
Lady G
In Texas if you qualify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver, if you qualify with a semi auto you can carry anything (within reason),, unless the law has changed the last year or two, might want to check out how it works there
Here in SC you can take the class with any weapon, and then CARRY any weapon. Kinda scary if you ask me. The Texas law makes more sense... Thanks!

Another scary thing: You only need to make 70% to pass the SHOOTING part of the class, meaning that for 50 shots, you can TOTALLY MISS 15 and STILL PASS! EEEK!!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDRYDR View Post
Sounds like you'll be passing the exam with flying colors, Laurie! Always best off shooting the gun that fits your hand, and .38s through a .357 is always sweet and smooth. For grins, try a 1911-style .45 and see what you think.
That would be cool! You'd have to do like the old gunslingers do in the movies and keep whackin' the hammer with the other hand each time you fire, wouldn't you?

A friend of ours (the critter getter guy!) let me shoot an old police gun of his - I think it was a .357?? I just think it's cool to shoot different guns and see how they differ and what I like best.

I think my favorite to shoot is the AR-15! What a rush! THOOMP!!!

Captain - BEHAVE YOURSELF! That gator smelled like fish LONG before I sat on him! LOL!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
wibiker

Lady G, a 1911 is a semi-auto 45. its the frame most 45 semi's are based around, and its still being made! it is a sweet shooter, and narrow, although only holds eight. it sounds like you can make eight work for ya though
Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibiker View Post
Lady G, a 1911 is a semi-auto 45. its the frame most 45 semi's are based around, and its still being made! it is a sweet shooter, and narrow, although only holds eight. it sounds like you can make eight work for ya though
COOL! Thanks for the info!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yep, and many people find it fits the hand like no other. John Moses laid down one heck of a good design way back around the turn of the last century. Amazing fit, feel and balance.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Are these on right?

Shows how much of a newbie I am at this thinkin' that when he said 1911 he was talking the YEAR 1911... Oh wait - he WAS, wasn't he?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
A 1911 is my wife's personal favorite, as well as mine.
She's not particularly fast w/ it, but I wouldn't want her shooting at me, because she's damned accurate!

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
A 1911 is my wife's personal favorite, as well as mine.
She's not particularly fast w/ it, but I wouldn't want her shooting at me, because she's damned accurate!
I've heard from several other people that ladies are in general more accurate shots than the guys. Maybe it's because we have boobies to help steady our arms...

Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
I've heard from several other people that ladies are in general more accurate shots than the guys. Maybe it's because we have boobies to help steady our arms...
As an instructor, I can tell you that women are much easier to teach to shoot well. They don't think they were born with the knowledge programmed into their genes, so they listen to what you have to teach them.
And, well, yeah, the boobs, obviously.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.