Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
thanks for the heads up.....

I went out a bit ago and did some of the routines quickly in a parking lot, makes a lot of sense, I will be buying the latest version.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Last edited by y2kflhr; 11-22-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I bought my own a few weeks ago.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I bought one as well.

Lowest priced Harley accessory I bought in a long time.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDarlin View Post
Just my opinion (and we all know how that works) BUT--- I'd be very careful, talking about pirating copies of a copywritten DVD here on a forum like this with easy access. I'm not trying to cause trouble for anyone, but Donna Palladino is a close friend and I can tell you, she and Jerry DO keep an eye out for this stuff. And NO, I'm not spilling the beans, but thought I'd throw this notion out for consideration. Just a thought.
I agree, Queen. (Long time; no see)

If you ever invest time, money, and work hard to create software, videos, music, and have others copy and distribute them, it'll make you feel differently about copyright laws.

By the way, I spent last weekend with Ray, Pris, and their son Scott. Ray is looking good and confident in beating the cancer.

Ken
Old 12-31-2013, 12:59 AM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Would anybody dare care to let me borrow a copy.
I have seen a few shorts on Youtube, but it'd be nice to put it all together.
I would pay shipping both ways.
I have no means to burn nor would I, as I do have that much respect!
Thanks in advance

Patiently waiting

aka BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
If you want to see a collection of videos of Harley riders working to improve their handling skills, visit the Ride Skillfully forum.

rideskillfully.com

There's a video section.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Thanks for the link Ken. And will also watch for old cold cones eh! I will visit and likely log in before long. I have a lot of work to do to my scoot in the coming months. Stator replacement and clean the compensator asap. Then go in the other side for tensioners. 70K on the originals.

aka BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have no idea where the DVD is! Out there in Doof-land. I forgot all about it. Anybody seen it?

Buhler??
Buhler.....?

Buhler................?

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-01-2014, 09:18 AM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
"Ride Like A Pro" CD reservation list

I mailed it back to you and a bunch of copies out to people years ago

I think I even mailed out my copy
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Last edited by y2kflhr; 01-01-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
how come of all the peeps that have seen these DVD's have never reported their views on what they saw, or how they put the information to use, how much value they derived from watching it, how the practice sessions went .....

I am considering buying some of Jerry's DVD's ....

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 03-19-2014, 06:28 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have seen bis and pieces of his stuff. It should be beneficial for the average rider. I'd like to see the entire DVD

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Airhead

I know lots of people that have purchased Ride Like a Pro DVDs, but very few of them actually put markers out on a parking lot and practice. Watching the videos won't help; I don't think it's possible to become a more skillful rider by watching videos or reading How-To's.

Harris published a book, "Motorlessons". He's had maybe thousands of people request and receive it; but scant few have ever set up even the first exercise and worked towards mastery.

For example: as I progressed, there are patterns or parts of patterns that I just could not do on my motorcycle.
I know that they weren't impossible.
I knew what had to be done to make it.
I watched others complete those patterns with apparent ease.

But I had to practice to be able to do them, myself. Some patterns, I haven't totally mastered yet.

This is true for all levels of more skillful riding; be it the easiest 18' cone-weave to the hardest Bleeding Ulcers pattern. Luckily, the easier more basic patterns can be mastered in just a few hours of practice. These basic exercises are the ones that will make you a safer rider. The really hard ones, we do for sport.

Ken
Old 03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
grapenutless

I had the dvds but watched them in the winter and I think I gave mine away, I also had/have harris's book, 2 summers ago I had some time and I was feeling out of sorts on the bike so I grabbed some cans and ran to a parking lot and just did figure 8's till my head hurt after reading what harris wrote, I am no ken or dan but it helped me get my confidence back.

Practice makes perfect is very true in this context!
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Airhead

The cool thing is that every rider can do it, especially the basic patterns like 18' coneweave (dipping exercise) and 12' coneweave. Every rider can practice emergency braking and become proficient at it.

If the bug bites and you enjoy playing on your motorcycle, it's not that hard to gain competition skills. All it takes is practice and goal setting. Some people adapt quickly and some take more time. But EVERYONE has the ability to be as proficient as they really want to be.

When I met Dan at a meet in Hot Springs 5 or 6 years ago, he had the desire to learn how to ride skillfully but had never really practiced before and never considered competing. Now, he's one of the top 30 riders in the US (actually top 15) as proven in the national competition in Milwaukee.

And we still practice.

Ken
Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Actually........

I was seven years ago. When I first met Ken in Hot Springs I thought he had a screw loose. Here was a guy who rode from Dallas to Hot Springs with a load of cones on his motorcycle. The he set them up in a church parking lot and started encouraging people to ride some simple coneweave patterns. I was thinking "I'm not doing that on MY bike!"

Then everyone started doing it and I thought what the hell, it's only a $20,000 motorcycle, right? So I did it and it was fun, and I didn't fall down! I couldn't believe how challenging it was. I had ridden almost my whole life and never did anything like that. Then Ken invited me to Plano to one of his practices. There were quite a few patterns set up and I couldn't do but one, but watched as a bunch of others did them with ease. Ever the stubborn fool, I couldn't be outdone. It still really bothers me when I see someone do something I can't do. So I practiced a little on my own and went to the weekly practice gatherings and with Ken's coaching started to master them one by one. I eventually became addicted, and now there's actually a growing sport involving this type of riding. I know I am going to at least 3 competitions this year, 2 of which are right here in the Metroplex. It could be a few more, but I only have so much vacation.

Oh yeah, and I was wrong about Ken. He has quite a few screws loose! :

Seriously, I am a much better rider for having known him.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[