Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Tattoos, Piercings, Body Art
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Here's the pics -- I need a new camera, or photographer

before the touch up

after the touch up

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
It looks like it's walking on a wig, or a shag carpet.

It really doesn't look bad.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
YAY!!! Pictures!!! Okay - let's see what we got here!

I think the top part of the touch-up looks pretty good - better than the bottom, where the dust clouds have a more distinct circular shape. It looks like she tried to make that portion more dense, like a real dust cloud would be more dense near the hooves.

It's hard to tell from the picture, and I hope you don't mind me giving you my honest opinion, but yes, I believe she could have done a better job - it seems like shading may not be her strong point.

If you're still not happy with it when it heals up, maybe you can find someone whose shading skills are one of their strong points - maybe someone who specializes in portraits?? Some better shading would probably make the touch-up look just as good as the rest of it!

I know you're disappointed right now but it's still a great piece!

Keep us posted on what you think as it heals!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post

Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post

yeah, that's what I thought ....... ya know, a buffalo taking a stroll on a shag carpet

Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mikey

I did NOT need to see your nipple

wish I could see better detail of the tat

than your nipple

Fu(K!! My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm not seeing the before so I don't know how hard she had to work to cover it up.

Within reason, I don't think it is that bad, especially if she had something difficult to cover up.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
YAY!!! Pictures!!! Okay - let's see what we got here!

I think the top part of the touch-up looks pretty good - better than the bottom, where the dust clouds have a more distinct circular shape.

That's what I think too, and I don't understand why there is such a distinct circular shape. There's no other place in the piece with that kind of shape and I think that it attracts your eye. I also thought that the dust cloud would have been a 'lighter' color and not match up so closely to the color of the buffalo. I'll post up a couple of pics that I had with me that gave me the idea for the dust cloud.

Since the piece is a cover up, and the old work is at the bottom the piece is heavy at the bottom. OK, I get that, and I thought that a 'light colored' dust cloud would help remove focus from the larger darker area.

It looks like she tried to make that portion more dense, like a real dust cloud would be more dense near the hooves.

Yes, looks that way to me too. Check out the pics that I post up ... the dust clouds are LIGHT and AIRY .... My fault for sure. I thought she understood what I was talking about..... she said she did So I should have showed her the pics and said ... 'see, this is what I think I what, can you do this ?'

It's hard to tell from the picture, and I hope you don't mind me giving you my honest opinion,

Laruie, THANK YOU for your constructive input and critical eye!

but yes, I believe she could have done a better job - it seems like shading may not be her strong point.

Agreed on both of the above points

If you're still not happy with it when it heals up, maybe you can find someone whose shading skills are one of their strong points - maybe someone who specializes in portraits??

Yes, good suggestion, Thanks.

Some better shading would probably make the touch-up look just as good as the rest of it!

I'm sure that it can be improved, and the pictures that I've posted don't really show the piece in it's best light, it's looks much better (IMO) than the pictures that I've posted.

I know you're disappointed right now but it's still a great piece!

I'm a really very happy with the buffalo and generally with the work, just this one part that she messed up, but I'm sure it can be improved, by someone.

Keep us posted on what you think as it heals!

I'll do it!

Thanks for you input !!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornrocker View Post
Mikey

I did NOT need to see your nipple

wish I could see better detail of the tat

than your nipple

Fu(K!! My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to get ya a better picture Mark ...... of the tat that is !!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
I'm not seeing the before

this is a BEAUTIFUL THING !!!

so I don't know how hard she had to work to cover it up.

well, the new work had to be positioned just right, and with the correct shape at the bottom that could be dark but still have detail...... I think she did a really good job
1) positioning the new work
2) scale of the new work
3) details in the bottom part of the new work that covered up the old stuff

Within reason, I don't think it is that bad, especially if she had something difficult to cover up.

Thanks for having a look at it and sharing your views !!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
You could probably get by wearing a breechcloth now.

I guess a feather in your hair is out of the question though.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Buffalo Hump

here's a couple of pictures that show dust clouds that put the images in my brain .....

My mistake was not making her look at them before she proceeded. I explained them to her as best as I could, and she said that she knew what I was talking about .....

just proves that people have different images in their brains, no matter what comes out of their mouths

you'll notice in the pics below how much lighter in color and density the dust is than anything else .... this is what I thought my buffalo needed, and maybe someone will be able to make it look close to this

oddly enough, in this next pic you'll notice that the dust clouds actually have distinct circular patterns in them
HOWEVER, the dust is still lighter in color and density

Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Warren, is that the duck your dog got for you when she took you hunting the other day ?

nice duck

nice dog too !!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
here's a couple of pictures that show dust clouds that put the images in my brain .....

My mistake was not making her look at them before she proceeded. I explained them to her as best as I could, and she said that she knew what I was talking about .....

just proves that people have different images in their brains, no matter what comes out of their mouths

you'll notice in the pics below how much lighter in color and density the dust is than anything else .... this is what I thought my buffalo needed, and maybe someone will be able to make it look close to this

oddly enough, in this next pic you'll notice that the dust clouds actually have distinct circular patterns in them
HOWEVER, the dust is still lighter in color and density

Hey Mikey! I completely understand what you're saying about having to work with what ya got when you're doing a cover-up - she did a good job on covering what you had.

Folks who don't have cover-ups may not understand that it's not going to be as pristine and perfect as a brand new tattoo 'cause you're covering something else.

As far as the touch-up, maybe in addition to finding someone with supreme shading skills who can fine-tune the dust clouds, they could add some white (or lighter color) highlights that will lighten up the dust clouds?

I guess I'm kind of torn on whether I'd go back to the same person or not. I'm very loyal to my artist, but in this case she just may not have the shading skills to get you what you want. I'd at least talk to another artist or two and see what they say as far as what they'd do to make the dust clouds look more like you had pictured.

Keep us posted!!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
i know you stated it, but ill say it again case its important.. ou gotta let it heal up for a while before you re-evaluate. coverups by there very nature are difficult to do and Lady G may indeed be exactly right, but either way wait and see is best right now. do you have a before pic?

and dont sweat it, Im sure the ladies still love ya just the same