Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Oil & Lubrication
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Oil & Lubrication Possibly, we need just one more discussion...

Old 08-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Did you use the anti rotation thing?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTOE View Post
....Bernouilli was the MAN! Also why lift sucks.
It's what propels a sailboat to weather (sailing almost directly into the wind)

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Yes. That's a must-have.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
getting a little personal aren't we?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Has Russ ever tallied up his addiction?

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
What are the temps in the summer?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodawwg View Post
What are the temps in the summer?
In stop & go traffic on the Beltway in hundred-degree ambient air, I saw it hit 245. In any other sort of riding, it doesn't go above 220, usually hovers around 215. That's on an all-black bike running 10.5:1 compression.

I'm pleased with it.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The bolts for the anti rotation thingie are 1/8" too long. Fastenall didn't have any 1 1/4" ones in stock. Guess I'll have to break out the file.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Hangaround

Clayvis has failed to amuse us
I have the exact same cooler on my 07 Fatboy. I have seen about the same temperature reduction as you have. It has been a Godsend in the Florida heat. I mounted mine a bit lower on the downtube. I noticed that your hoses curve at a sharp angle upward. Any particular reason you mouted it so high? Does it drain better that way? I just figured running the hoses straight would put less stress on them and reduce the chance for leaks. Also, I think it is less noticeable down a bit lower. Any thoughts you could share would be appreciated. You might want to read my most recent post in a different thread on this subject. (oil cooler recomendations) Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
That's one of the issues I'm going to have to address....They're the "red" braided wires from Magnum Shielding. In person, they look pretty red, but in photos (especially ones in direct sunlight) they look all kinds of pink.

I need to order some regular old Taylor Sumax wires.
I had some of those in silver...found they were arcing, got rid of em!!!

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayvis View Post
I have the exact same cooler on my 07 Fatboy. I have seen about the same temperature reduction as you have. It has been a Godsend in the Florida heat. I mounted mine a bit lower on the downtube. I noticed that your hoses curve at a sharp angle upward. Any particular reason you mouted it so high? Does it drain better that way? I just figured running the hoses straight would put less stress on them and reduce the chance for leaks. Also, I think it is less noticeable down a bit lower. Any thoughts you could share would be appreciated. You might want to read my most recent post in a different thread on this subject. (oil cooler recomendations) Thanks for sharing.
Any lower and the shift linkage would have smacked it. My forward controls are 4-1/2" further forward than stock.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Hangaround

Clayvis has failed to amuse us
OK, that clears it up for me. I have all stock controls, so mine fits in the lower position.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

So it looks like you used one of the bigger mounting clamps at the top and the smaller one down on the bottom of the cooler. I tired that and would need to use the rubber spacer up at the top mount to make it fit right.

The directions are kinda out there.

And they use fuel / vapor hose instead of 3/8" trans cooler hose.(?)

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Cooler on rode tested, 24 miles at 75°f/ 60 - 80 MPH just touched 204° at the idle down. Only 178°f at twelve miles out.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Finally got around to installing a cooler on mine, had to go with the low mount Jagg since I have lowers. What a pain in the ass to mount with the regulator and wires right there. Kinda worried about the hoses rubbing on the frame due to the shitty fit, apparently Jagg never considered that the inlet/outlet for the cooler should align with the gap between the frame and regulator.

Separated at birth? You decide