Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Cool stuff Scabby....Still missed you at MV though.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Tom,

Great stuff! Looks to have been interesting as hell.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post
Cool stuff Scabby....Still missed you at MV though.
Missed you guys as well but it was truly a trip to remember. Already trying to figure out how to go back................with an entry

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Once you make a "Back Run" that, along with your "Qualifying Run" the day before, establishes a new record, your engine is now inspected to confirm it is what you said it was (make, type, size, etc.) The most critical is the displacement confirmation. There are three ways they can do this: 1. with a pronged micrometer tool the place into the cylinder through the spark plug hole, 2. filling the cylinder with oil from a calibrated measuring tube, 3. removing the heads for a direct measurement of the bore and stroke. Due to certain aspects of the engine on 'Edgar', removing the heads was the only way this measurement could be done. Here is a pic of Joe and Chuck in Impound doing the tear down. Once the engine was inspected and certified, it was 'sealed' by drilling small holes in the jug fins and wiring the heads together and to the frame, using a crimp seal so that it would not be necessary to do the tear down for future records that week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 060 re-sized.jpg (58.3 KB, 16 views)

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Double-D

These two bikes were run by two brothers from "Lowbrow Customs" out of Medina, OH and set several records between them for the week in the 115 - 118 mph range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 066 re-sized.jpg (73.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 067 re-sized.jpg (74.0 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Scabbydoo; 08-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Double-D

J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The guy in the picture on the left looks like he is changing the tire.

You didn't have anything to do with that.....did you?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Double-D

Funny........funny....

NOT!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Double-D

Couldn't decide which was more cool.........the bike this guy was entering or his 'Tow Vehicle'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 123.jpg (57.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 124.jpg (60.9 KB, 13 views)

Old 08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Double-D

This interesting version of a Twin TC with the motors side by side rather than in-line set a new record. Seemed a bit slow though at 163 mph for all that power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 083 re-sized.jpg (89.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Bonneville Speed Week 082 re-sized.jpg (63.6 KB, 12 views)

Old 08-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Missed you guys as well but it was truly a trip to remember. Already trying to figure out how to go back................with an entry

Why not ask Russ if you can borrow the BSL?

pretty much ready to go.