Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
BigAlsRK

Rattle

Got a rattle in the front of my primary...will a loose chain cause this...or could it be the comp nut?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I'm thinking comp nut based upon your description. This seems to be a pretty common problem.

Next time I'm in there, I'm going to install one of those comp nut locks that Megaglide has. Makes sense to me.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
better check into it Big Al, with those new pipes, i know your twisting that throttle...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
better check into it Big Al, with those new pipes, i know your twisting that throttle...
Well....maybe a little
Old 06-03-2007, 10:26 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
I'm thinking comp nut based upon your description. This seems to be a pretty common problem.

Next time I'm in there, I'm going to install one of those comp nut locks that Megaglide has. Makes sense to me.
Got a link??
Old 06-03-2007, 01:19 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
http://www.emcv2.com/accserv/acc-comploc/comploc.htm

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsFXDL View Post
Got a rattle in the front of my primary...will a loose chain cause this...or could it be the comp nut?
The manual plainly state to remove all children's toys before replacing primary cover

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
BigAlsRK

So...

I reckon I will need to get the HD Primary Sprocket Locking tool when I tighten the comp nut....right???
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
I reckon I will need to get the HD Primary Sprocket Locking tool when I tighten the comp nut....right???
Well...........anyone??
Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Worn chain tensioner?

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Well???????????????
Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Yep you will need this.
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...%20lock%20tool
Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Thanks....hopefully the chain just needs adjustment...that would also cause a rattle correct?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
A loose chain would only rattle if it was loose enough to slap the cases.
The tensioner could be loose and it may be the issue.

Before you go in there check all the things on the outside that could be loose and rattle.

floor boards or pegs
engine guards
motor mounts and linkage
shifter linkage
voltage regulator mounts

Good luck
Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
A loose chain would only rattle if it was loose enough to slap the cases.
The tensioner could be loose and it may be the issue.

Before you go in there check all the things on the outside that could be loose and rattle.

floor boards or pegs
engine guards
motor mounts and linkage
shifter linkage
voltage regulator mounts

Good luck
Will do ....thanks