Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Yes, you can upload any map to the ECM with the latest rev software. I know, because I've done it...
Sweet!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Can one leave the IAC settings alone but change the desired RPM's?

Looks that way to me from two sets of charts I have laying around, the IAC is the same but the idle speeds differ, one is for a 88" and the other is for a 95".

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
You don't have to write values down, just save the data file. Can put it in excel too.

I should look at my IAC when warmed up, cause I am having the low idle and wanna die stuff too.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Can one leave the IAC settings alone but change the desired RPM's?

Looks that way to me from two sets of charts I have laying around, the IAC is the same but the idle speeds differ, one is for a 88" and the other is for a 95".
It looks to me like they are totally independent...

Can you post up the 88 vs 95 idle speeds that you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
You don't have to write values down, just save the data file. Can put it in excel too.

I should look at my IAC when warmed up, cause I am having the low idle and wanna die stuff too.
Can you copy from the IAC table (is there an IAC table in data mode?) and paste it into your tuning map?

It was no big deal to write the numbers down...

I picked up the 32C setting, but its too warm here to grab the 16C...

Loaded the map with the new IAC settings and the idle seems to be more even... the real test for me will be when I get it out on the road and hot, then stop at stop sign. This is where the problem seems to be for me.

I would like more info on setting the idle RPMs too...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I have not tried cutting and pasting. I have just saved things in data mode so I can look at later. The data mode will tell you temp and IAC step that it is at. Then I go look at my tuning table and see what it is calling for at that temp. If it between temps in the table you can bring up the graph and estimate where it should be. The data mode gathers allot ot points, so you should get fairly close. How close is close dunno. How many steps off is to many??
Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
OK here goes...

deg C -16, 0, 16, 32, 48, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 180

88" 1352, 1248, 1184, 1112, 1048, 1008, 976, 976, 976, 976, 944, 800
Cal 141NR101-AO.MT6

95" 1352, 1264, 1184, 1104, 1032, 952, 952, 952, 952, 952, 904, 800
Cal 141MJ016-AO.MT6

But the IAC are the same.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...