Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
8-Ball

Some cool things are going on here... since Phreak figured out the whole google earth thing, I've been using it to create interactive google MAP links for the 43 locations.

The goal is to eventually get all the links in this thread set up on these interactive google map links and have them listed in post #1.

Google maps has been doing some very cool things with how their maps work... check out the Ohio link in post #1. Notice the white dots along the route. Roll you mouse over one of the dots, click and drag the dot to a different road and google maps will completely reroute the map, the directions, the mileage and time..... VERY COOL...

Another public service from your local doof motocycle collective.

Thanks again, Phread...

Mike
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Some cool things are going on here... since Phreak figured out the whole google earth thing, I've been using it to create interactive google MAP links for the 43 locations.

The goal is to eventually get all the links in this thread set up on these interactive google map links and have them listed in post #1.

Google maps has been doing some very cool things with how their maps work... check out the Ohio link in post #1. Notice the white dots along the route. Roll you mouse over one of the dots, click and drag the dot to a different road and google maps will completely reroute the map, the directions, the mileage and time..... VERY COOL...

Thanks again, Phread...

Mike
I thought you were gone till Monday.............

just sayin'...............

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
8-Ball

they have free high speed internet in the lobby... just sayin...

and coffee...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
they have free high speed internet in the lobby... just sayin...

and coffee...
PC, huh?.. Sorry, man. Kinda like roughin' it.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Al gore may have invented the internet... but google makes it worthwhile...

that and pron.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

Thanks again, Phread...

Mike
de nada senor

I love google maps phor routing. let's you spitball lots of possible routes.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
and another

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.94...z=17&t=h&hl=en
Old 04-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Can >this< be the link for the MO 43 in the master list? It shows the entire length. The current one just has a location point along the way.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:08 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetoys View Post
Can >this< be the link for the MO 43 in the master list? It shows the entire length. The current one just has a location point along the way.
You got it...

I started out by just hitting some point on the 43 but then decided to map the entire length... haven't gone back and done it to all of them yet...

MO is updated...
Old 04-20-2008, 03:00 PM
8-Ball

Okay... I think I have them all updated.

Phreak... you may want to add Massachusetts to your Google Earth thread... it was missing on this list.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thank you for that Littlebear. I really appreciate it.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Okay... I think I have them all updated.

Phreak... you may want to add Massachusetts to your Google Earth thread... it was missing on this list.
I'm on it.

Hey did you notice that US 7 intersects MA 43?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I'm on it.

Hey did you notice that US 7 intersects MA 43?
Yeah... it would make a great pic... I think Horn, Bofinn, BigTom, and Terry have one up their way...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Swiss Guard

I've seen those. They are cool. More confluences would be good too.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
8-Ball

Added Louisiana and Mississipi....