Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Sportster
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Nice write-up and pics. Thanks tx.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Great thread. I have thought about picking up a 883, and hot roding it out. Someday if I find some money laying around.

Sounds like Hillside, is the place to go too.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
8-Ball

TX... great thread and pics... love the motor stuff... keep it coming.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great stuff TX. Thanks for sharing this.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks. Those 883/1200 conversions are supposed to be really hot bikes.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
What are ball park powe #s for sporties, stock and hopped up? With a light bike, its got to be quick.

My problem is I have grown to the size of my tank. I thought about taking tour pak off FLHR when I got the FLHTCU, but I just can't give it up. I pack like a chick.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Accoring to the SE catalog, a stock 1200 makes about 59 HP and 62 TQ.

After a stage 1 with the SE AC and Cycle shack slip on's, here is my dyno sheet (sorry it's a picture of it and not a scan)

Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
From what I've read the 883-1200 does a little better than a stock 1200 due to the smaller combustion chamber size in the head. The head has the same port/valve size, just smaller chambers increasing compression.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Excommunicated

75 tq doesn't seem like alot, until you realize, thats in a 500 lb bike. Then add after market cams and heads.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I don't have much trouble keeping up with the big twins. My wifes uncle's were trying to pull away from me on their glides when we went on a little cruise a few months ago. They had a suprised look when they checked their mirrors...I was still there.

Quick little bike, 2 handfulls of fun. And with the new pipes, it actually sounds like a Harley now.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Does the 883 sporty have the same gear ratio and everything else as a 1200? What are the differences between a 883 and 1200 as far as hotrodding it is concerned?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
GazintA

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Does the 883 sporty have the same gear ratio and everything else as a 1200? What are the differences between a 883 and 1200 as far as hotrodding it is concerned?
Harley's site shows the 883 geared a little lower than the 1200.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
TX, any updates on the bike? How's it run?

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Excommunicated

I talked to a guy with the conversion, 883 is gear lower. He said it gave it more pull down low.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Sorry guys been super busy lately. Just finished building my o/l a new hair salon and been doing the 2 job thing for a bit....But....

My customer just brought bike back last week for the 500 mile oil change. He is sooooo happy. For the money spent vs gain he received it was a great deal. Just serviced the bike and all checked out good. No leaks, my jetting and timing seem to be really close as plugs looked great. CCP was within 4. In the summer, i will step on the timing a bit more because i know there is more in there...Just keeping it safe for now...

Yes the 883 do have a gearing advantage as compared to a 1200. Kind of compare it to doing a 337 for a big twin. This almost exact kit has dynoed out at about 80hp/80tq in the couple i have seen. He will take it to be tuned this summer. Riding impressions are well...HOLD THE F>>> ON!!! I broke it in with the first few miles, but now that its good to go i stepped on it. How does it feel. Well if anyone has done a 88Ci to 95 or 98 to their bikes, this feels like way more of a jump in power. They are sooo choked from the factory. This one is also running some pretty high compression and midrange cams.

A couple more pics i have will follow, but its pretty much reverse the process form above.