Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
That one have any kind of water-in-the-air issues?
That's bad for guns.
Birthday's Tuesday...
All compressors have water in the air issues...

Use oil in guns every time.

Get an oil/water separator...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Mega told me to purchase my own air canister from Walmart. I'll put a 90 degree end on it. I tell ya. That gas station stuff is out. Brake disk in the way. You can't gear to the rear at all!

FXR

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
So, if you keep it emptied, do you get any water when you're just using a nozzle to blow crud out of something?
It is truly worthless to me if you do.
But I want it.

I've never "noticed" any water when using it to blow things off, but to be honest I've not really looked for any.

I've used it to blow off my hands and clothing, and didn't "feel" any water.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Mike View Post
Gas station?
don't you guys know you risk voiding your warranty if you don't use genuine "Harley Air?"

Put a little mark on the side of your tire below the stem. just watch it as you back the bike up until the stem appears.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
All compressors have water in the air issues...

Get an oil/water separator...
Agreed, even when using a separator you'll get some.

The only way to really eliminate the majority of water in air lines from compressors is to install a "dryer."

Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
So, if you keep it emptied, do you get any water when you're just using a nozzle to blow crud out of something?
But I want it.
anytime you compress air, you're gonna get moisture .... it comes with the territory .......... I've always understood that the reason the valve is on the tank is so that you can drain the tank, this keeps the tank from rusting out from the inside ..........

even if you drain the tank, and then start the compressor again ......... you will have a certain amount of moisture in the air .... that's what happens when you compress the air

Old 02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Jams

Quote:
But I want it.
Just don't use it only rainy days.

Mine doesn't have a water problem mainly because the storage volume is only about a gallon size tank. The thing really warms up from the friction of compressing the air and the air is hot and dry so as long as you run it for awhile first it should be alright for dusting off guns --- but I would still wipe them down with a silicone cloth before putting them away.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:51 AM
8-Ball

A thought... (you'd have to check clearances with calipers)

http://www.revzilla.com/product/mc-e...led-valve-stem

http://www.ezaccessory.com/ProductDe...e=506&click=35
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
All I ever use is a bicycle pump. Have a great air compressor, but its not even worth cranking up just to top off the motorcycle tires.

I carry a small bicycle pump in the saddle bag for emergency.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Jams

I am beginning to wonder if this thread a cleverly camouflaged thread about how wide white wall tires go flat and need air all the time???

Jus' thinkin
Old 02-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Dude. How do you get the stem where you can get to it. I got no problems bending. but I feel like I'm about rip the stem out trying to pull it to the side. The gas stations here only have that straight hose for the cars.
use an air compressor with the proper tool WA la air in air in tire .its like magic

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 02-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Known Associate

Crazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I always leave then tank drain cracked open on my air compressor.. It's only about 25 gal tank..
I have seen one of these after the event, blow apart from corrosion on the inside.. VERY NASTY power..

On another note, the local stealer is offering Nitrogen for the tires.. Is not as reactive, (expand and contract) to temp changes and such..
Old 02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
I keep this in my saddle bag -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slime #40001 Air.jpg (12.7 KB, 4 views)

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just couldn't leave this thread with 43 posts.
Not with a good concience.

dzlfitr
Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM
captainlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlfitr View Post
Just couldn't leave this thread with 43 posts.
Not with a good concience.

dzlfitr

cool move !