Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Home networks

Is there a way to set up a home network, with my wireless router? What I want to do is play music on my desktop, by going through my laptop.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
For something like that, all that you need to do is to enable file & folder sharing and share the folder that your music is on with the rest of your network.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Will it play it on the desktop, when I start it from desktop? Thats what I want. Desktop has speakers.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Will it play it on the desktop, when I start it from desktop? Thats what I want. Desktop has speakers.
Yep.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Excommunicated

I meant, will it start on desktop, when I tell it to play from laptop?

I enabled file sharing on desktop. Not seeing it in shared files, under my computer on laptop.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

You will need to enable remote access (or get some remote access software) to your desktop to get it to play on your desktop when you want to initiate from your laptop.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Excommunicated

I figured I would have to do remote access. Does the software come with windows?

As for file sharing, I can't see the files.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I figured I would have to do remote access. Does the software come with windows?

As for file sharing, I can't see the files.
Remote access is built into XP, here's a decent guide to get it up and running.

If you can't see the files you are sharing, you might not have both of your computers set up in the same workgroup. Right click on the "My Computer" icon and see if they match up. If they don't, just change them to whatever you like so long as they match and reboot.