Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Bottom line on tires....

So....Metz is out because of the QC and size issues, not to mention load rating, then it comes down to Avon or Dunny E3 bias being pretty equal, with the nod going to Dunny for American mfg?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Not that it matters, but Elite 3s are going on mine next.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
keeper of 43 tunes

buzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbuzzingstrings is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
quality control?
but, I just ordered Metz for mine.........
tell me more about this QC and size issues of which you type.....
Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Lots of reports of tires from their Brazilian factory marked 150 but measuring 140. I think Highmiles said he had sidewall cracks too.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Yes, please do, 'cause I need new rubber on my bike and was trying to make a decision on which brand to go with.

Because of the rumblings about Metzlers, I was going to go with Avon.

I thought Dungflops sucked (that's what's on my bike now) - is there a new tire from them that's good?? I guess I could get off my lazy butt and search the threads, couldn't I?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 09-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Same as it ever was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
Yes, please do, 'cause I need new rubber on my bike and was trying to make a decision on which brand to go with.

Because of the rumblings about Metzlers, I was going to go with Avon.

I thought Dungflops sucked (that's what's on my bike now) - is there a new tire from them that's good?? I guess I could get off my lazy butt and search the threads, couldn't I?
Couple good threads below. Many here like the Dunny E3, say it's very similar to the Avon.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I had quite a few issues with my Metzlers. The sidewalls started cracking within months. Stability in grooved pavement was worse than my OE Dunlops. Tire life was 3/4 of my OE Dunlops. They always felt "twitchy". Mine were Brazilian, if it matters, I haven't seen German Metzlers in a while. I was not happy with them at all. My next tires will be Dunlop Elite 3's.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Same as it ever was.

I'm starting to have questions about E3 fitment on my '03FLSTCI. Doesn't seem to be indicated. Also, these will be going on the 2004 Fatboy wheels I'm having cut.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
8-Ball

I like the 150 which isn't available in the E3s, Metz has issues and has a low load rating... I've had the best mileage with the Avons... love the handling on the grooved highways and mountain curves too...
Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Dunlop is in bed w/ H-D on tires, so the only ones they list are the OEM, but the size you need is listed in the Elite 3 section.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Stock tires on an "03 FLSTCI were MT90B16 which Dunlop makes in the E3 bias. Stock on an "04 was MT90B16 front and a 150 rear which the close fit is the MU90B16 in the E3. Not sure the MU will fit on the "03 unless you have a lot of side clearance now with the stock tires. Need at least another 1/4 inch on each side for clearance. The MU is a 140 tire. The MT90B16 are 130 tires.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Same as it ever was.

I'll check when I get home, but I could swear the stock rear on Hoss was a 150.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
I'll check when I get home, but I could swear the stock rear on Hoss was a 150.
If so, check your clearance on each side. If you have 1/4 inch them Dunlop makes an E3 in 160.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
I like my Avons
unless something way better comes along I will stick with them.

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
looking at E3's online...

ron ayers are 87.51 + 100.83 + shipping

americanmototire is 84.61 + 97.49 + 26 shipping

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep