Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM
KTWillys

Vance and Hines Customer Service

Having to deal with VH customer service recently I was pleasantly suprised at how they really did try to help. I do have to say that although they were not completely up to snuf on all their exhaust systems(they didnt know that the exhaust bracket for the 98 and later will not work on the 07-08 pipe due to where they put the O2 sensor bung) but again they did a very good job of getting the other bracket sent out to me free of charge..

Many good words for their customer service department...
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I emailed them about a how the dam internal baffle in there slip on, wore through, and cut my pipe in half literally. No repsonse, should have called. Might just leave it on the bike, so I can show it to every one the weld marks. They have a fair rep. But I don't know if I will buy there crap.

Last pipe I bought was fatcat. Lost a sale there.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I emailed them about a how the dam internal baffle in there slip on, wore through, and cut my pipe in half literally. No repsonse, should have called. Might just leave it on the bike, so I can show it to every one the weld marks. They have a fair rep. But I don't know if I will buy there crap.

Last pipe I bought was fatcat. Lost a sale there.
B sorry to hear that.. I also had emailed them and it was not quite as good but they did answer. When I called I did get good service...
I would hope that they would give good customer service to everyone but as it usually goes there is always some good and some bad.....bummer that you got the bad....
Do have to admit that the quality is not what I expected on the True Dual headers.. they were chromed but the clamp marks were still on the pipes and the pipe was not smoothed before chroming... I prefer to run without the heat shields but not on these headers...
Is the fatcat a dual or a 2 into 1 system?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Fatcat is 2-1. But the V&H that failed was a slip on.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
I also had a good experience with Vance & Hines Customer Service also. I bought my V&H True Duals and Oval slipons back in 2004, and in 2006, one of the baffles started rattling. I called customer service about the problem, they said they were aware of the issue and took down my name and address. They had two new FedEx'd to my doorstep within two days. Pretty impressive, I thought.

I'd certainly buy from them again.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Excommunicated

Mine are from 01, so probaly screwed. But I still don't find it acceptable.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
RedBeard

My V&H Propipe collector came with a couple of tiny little chips in the chrome. Might have happened in the UPS truck; who knows? But V&H didn't hesitate; they just shipped a new collector free of charge. Can't beat that.

And when Idiot Boy (me) couldn't figger out the clamping procedure, they walked me through it very professionally.

I have nothing but good stuff to say about them.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I also had a good experience with Vance & Hines Customer Service also. I bought my V&H True Duals and Oval slipons back in 2004, and in 2006, one of the baffles started rattling. I called customer service about the problem, they said they were aware of the issue and took down my name and address. They had two new FedEx'd to my doorstep within two days. Pretty impressive, I thought.

I'd certainly buy from them again.

It's great to hear about "the good". Give V&H credit where credit is due.
I remember I got the "Rinehart Rattle" in Septmeber of '06. I took it back to the dealer. They pulled the baffle out, put it in a vice, flattened it out a bit, and then poundin' the focker back into the can. A new muffler would have been nice, but BUB would not warrantee. The dealer corrected it, either way, no rattle so far.

I had Vance and Hines "Long Shots" on '05 Deluxe. They sounded great, looked good and were of great quality. My experiance with V&H is all good.

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......