Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This is great stuff! Thanks for keepin us in the loop Tote!

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Nice Tote. I think you just solved the problem of why i had reversion on my old build. I didnt even think about that before. Good thing that manifold is going in the ol garbagggee. Its nice to see a free simple test done while paying attention to every detail.

keep it up.!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hey Tote!

Very cool demonstration, really opens the eyes!

There is always so much more to think about..........

Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Wonder of wonders! That water test is awsome!! Now, how can I get my SE manifold for my CV44 to behave like that? Or can I?

Meng

TKWSV

Old 12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Wonder of wonders! That water test is awsome!! Now, how can I get my SE manifold for my CV44 to behave like that? Or can I?
Of course you can. It's just keeping a constant taper from the carb to the valve with no interruptions or mismatches on the way.

Of course actually doing it seems much more difficult than that.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Stuff Fixer

Otto has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
well #1 start from scratch #2 weld and remachine yours, #3 modify a sportster version #4 modify a sportster stock manifold,#5 modify a early S&S E manifold. I have done all and none are a 5 minute fix

Sometime You eat the Bare And Sometimes the bare eats you.

Just another one man show workin to play
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
Otto had to make a custom adapter to join the S&S single bore induction breather to the G3 carb on the custom intake manifold.

so, here's the breather adapter fabrication sequence.....

Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Nice looking job there.

Engine by Otto.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Is this a 4.0in crank and a 4.25 bore?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very cool, thanks for the update. I gotta get back over there again!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Is this a 4.0in crank and a 4.25 bore?
4-1/8" x 4-1/4"

Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Great work on the finished mount for the a/c.

What's Otto think of that SS induction system. I am looking for what to use on my new build and keep coming back to the same one you have. All the pro's always said no to the forward swept ones but everyone likes these and the dual runner as well.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Gotten too quiet in here again.

We need an update!!

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Stuff Fixer

Otto has failed to amuse us
well the tins are out to paint, and frame and misc parts are out for powder polish and chrome. The heads and manifold are waiting to be tested. so the engines can be finished up. & ther is other Paying jobs to be done while we wait on stuff coming back. and of course always race junk.

Sometime You eat the Bare And Sometimes the bare eats you.

Just another one man show workin to play
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
well the tins are out to paint, and frame and misc parts are out for powder polish and chrome. The heads and manifold are waiting to be tested. so the engines can be finished up. & ther is other Paying jobs to be done while we wait on stuff coming back. and of course always race junk.
Excellent!