Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Pinging

I've been fighting the pinging since it got hot out with the new heads. Been messing around with the fuel, timing to a lesser extent. Over at the other place this was posted.

http://www.head-quarters.com/html/efi_i_tuning.html

I have the PC III USB. I applied these timing tables and made some fuel adjustments from the last tune I had before the heads, purely best guess on the fuel adjustments and no doubt out of the box in places.

I took the bike to work today and took the long way home and beat on it a bit. Highway speeds, traffic. You name it. I tried to get it to heat up and ping. Couldn't do it. Top oil temp I could get was 210. Had been running a steady 225 and up to 240 with an oil cooler.

Some of the quickness that was there is off a little, but a tune for afr might/should clear that up.

I know it's short of what a good tune will do, but I need to wait until I can get to a tuner that I trust. All of them are a 2 day ride. I've viewed quite a few maps for the PC and have never seen a timing table even close to what HQ has in the link.

What I'm gathering is that with the PC, unless the tuner has someway of viewing the knock sensor (ie sert) while tuning, the timing tables are done via experience, knowledge and a bunch of runs to see where the timing adjustments gain power.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
package shredder

chnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
From what I've been reading here and other forums, everyone is having pinging problems this year. Is there a new EPA mandated blend for summer fuels just coming into effect? The use of 10% ethanol without requiring labels on the gas dispensers? A different set of additives that air-cooled vtwins just hate?

Or do I just notice more 'cause I'm pinging too?

Any fuel efficiency/octane/blend gurus out there in the know?