Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTOE View Post
Trap is from a single house or machine going away from the shooter. Skeet from two houses, one on each side and the targets cross in front of the shooter.
And sporting clays is loud golf.

I've wanted an over/under for years, and I've lusted for a Silver Pigeon. Then I got my M1 Super 90 and stopped wanting an O/U. I've never fired a more natural-feeling shotgun. Even with it's kick, I can acquire targets so quickly that it's scary. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but damn it shoots well.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 06-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
And sporting clays is loud golf.

I've wanted an over/under for years, and I've lusted for a Silver Pigeon. Then I got my M1 Super 90 and stopped wanting an O/U. I've never fired a more natural-feeling shotgun. Even with it's kick, I can acquire targets so quickly that it's scary. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but damn it shoots well.

Ditto on the silver pigeon.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:09 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
S687 Silver Pigeon is what I use.... but I rarely shoot clays nowadays.
Franchi O/U before and started with a trusty 870 my first few rounds.
Somewhere along the way I picked up a Technys and they're nice... but the S.P. is my go-to for clays.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 06-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
And just Why The F do O/U's cost so dang much?

Shotguns are like illicit sex. The ugly single shot...pretty cheap. Nicer looking but you have to pump it yourself...a little more. Just laying side by side... more still. But if you want drop dead gorgeous and the over and under thing, well that's gonna cost you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 06-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
But in the back alley one could find a CZ-USA or Stoeger for working man wages...

Under $600.00 or a left _ _ _

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Last edited by Fe Butte; 06-25-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:56 AM
Known Associate

Inspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
But in the back alley one could find a CZ-USA or Stoeger for working man wages...
Under $600.00 or a left _ _ _
NGF can be such a bitch most days. I guess that's the reason I had to buy my third gun safe last winter. Careful as you wave at the tiger in the cage.

Problem with the CZ-USA or Stoeger is that they don't hold up to trap/skeet use. While they perform very well in the field, trap/skeet shooters generally shoot more shells in a weekend than a hunter will shoot in a season. I bought a CZ-USA in 410 when I couldn't find a Browning or Beretta OU to shoot skeet with. Nice gun and shot well but it didn't take long before it became evident I wasn't doing it any favors shooting it so much.

Dedicated guns designed for Trap / Skeet / Sporting use do cost more, but in my experience they also hold up better to the volume of shots fired as well as perform better due to rib design etc than field guns. One of my favorite Skeet guns to shoot is a little Franchi Veloce in 28 guage I picked up a few years ago. Really smokes the targets and is a dream to shoot.

I have a Browning XT Trap OU that I shoot most of the time but I also have two BT 99 single barrel trap guns (one for backup). All three have a recoil system in them designed by a guy in Clarkston WA called a "Clyde Slyde" with adjustable combs on them so they all shoot to the same point of impact. When you shoot four or five hundred shots in two days your shoulder thanks you for the recoil system. As most know, the key to shooting a shotgun well is does it point to where your eye is looking? Fit is everything.