Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Sportster's Ain't A Touring Bike....

... I've heard many a unknowledgable rider say.

I ride with a woman who has criss-crossed the country, ridden to Stugis twice, Milwaukee a few times, Billings last year, plus just putted here around home, all on her stock 883.

And now, congratulations to the top 3 finishers of the Ironbutt Rally, Martin Leir, Jim Owen, and Brett Donahue. Martin piloted his BM( cough, cough)W Adventure to First Place with 12,460 miles and 344,122 points. Jim, who was also on that German made model, although his was the R1200RT, traveled 11,137 miles to earn 333,471 points.

But, Brett Donahue, who traveled 11,283 miles and earned 316,707 points along the way, did it all on a Sportster 1200R.

Hell of a job.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Touring bike is not defined by how far you ride right? It's by the design of the machine. But I see your point.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Back in the 70's I spent many a year and many a mile up and down the left coast from Seattle to L.A. on a Sporty. My ass STILL hurts!!

They are a fun little pocket rocket though.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
At least his final drive didn't fail him.

Wonder how well he passed the exhaust noise test? I read the pre-ride testing over at the iron but+ site and it sounds like a Harley would just pass with stock mufflers. Even some of them Teutonic made bikes would fail with some mods.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Touring bike is not defined by how far you ride right? It's by the design of the machine. But I see your point.

I always felt like it was the other way around. If it is what you choose to tour on, it is a touring bike. In my younger days, a pair of saddlebags qualified anything as a touring bike.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I don't exactly consider my Dyna as a touring bike, but I did just fine for 5,790miles and wouldn't even think twice about doing it again...

JS

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They had Bronson touring the country on a Sportster.

Master of Contemplation
Old 09-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Good job on any H-D and even better on a Sportster.
I touring bike is what ever you ride while touring. Size and style do not matter.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:55 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Sportster's Ain't A Touring Bike....

Don't tell this guy...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
pops

my OL did 4k in 14 days on a stock 883, i did set the bike up for comfort, seat, engine guard w/pegs etc,,, she was 51 at the time and i ran her 2 550 mile days,,,,
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
They have tourpaks and sadlebads for mopeds and Vespas, they are NOT touring bikes.(But they can deliver pizza.)

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Don't tell Mikey LeDuc that his Sportster wasn't a touring bike. The man crossed the Arctic Circle twice back in the mid 90's including going down Haul Rd (now called the Dalton Hwy) in Alaska. As you can see from the picture below, Mikey is not a small man. This is his story. You can spend hours reading it,... but its an excellent read.

http://www.niia.net/~leduc_mike/

Last edited by thrasher; 09-02-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Don't tell Mikey LeDuc that his Sportster wasn't a touring bike. The man crossed the Arctic Circle twice back in the mid 90's including going down Haul Rd (now called the Dempster Hwy) in Alaska. As you can see from the picture below, Mikey is not a small man. This is his story. You can spend hours reading it,... but its an excellent read.

http://www.niia.net/~leduc_mike/

That's one dirty ass bike....................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Hard to keep it clean on hundreds of miles of gravel roads.
I know most of you guys would have just trailered it.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
The Alaska Highway is not a very "clean" ride>

Here is a picture of the "blue beatch" on the lift for a service at the HD dealership in Fairbanks after the trip up>

Construction is always part of a summer trip to Alaska>

I think the rear rotor has a clean spot on it>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike at Fairbanks.JPG (142.2 KB, 119 views)