Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Good to hear about the good stuff once in a while...

Missplaced my set of keys to the bike with the alarm FOB on the ring so called the dealer where I have been going for the last several months,, and yes they know that I have passed a lot of dealers to make sure I only buy from them..
Well checked on the price of the fob.. 39.95 ok no big deal.. of course wanted me to buy two.. ok I can even live with that one...
the guy went back to the service desk to check on the cost to mate the two fobs with the bike.. and the tech told the guy that it would cost a half and hour each.. so 1 full hour to mate the two fob's to the bike.. 90.00
I checked the owners manual and even if I take a 2 hour coffee break I can have both done (which you have to do both at the exact same time or it will not work) in less than 3 minutes including reading the book time...

now that is a rip off...
I hate greed...The guys at the local dealer here are just good, decent guys. The service manager offered me a job! He said since I liked working on bikes so much, how about I come in on Saturdays and help out...I told him to stuff it! He laughed!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Woody. I might have missed it. What year tranny did you get?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Dayum, I couldn't imagine doing that work on a bike with my bad knee, unless I had a professional lift table to put the work up at least 3 ft. Glad you could git'er done!

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Dayum, I couldn't imagine doing that work on a bike with my bad knee, unless I had a professional lift table to put the work up at least 3 ft. Glad you could git'er done!
The lift does make a difference....

someday I want one.... about 600 dollars.. still on the wish list
Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Sounds like a winner Woody!

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I have a bursa the size of a golf ball stickin' off my right knee. I see such a lift in my future.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Woody218

Quote:
Thankfully, my jack gets the bike 2' off the floor so I can sit on my mechanic's stool and work. Any time I had to get lower, I laid on the floor and dropped the jack down so I could reach what I needed to get at.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 AM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Thankfully, my jack gets the bike 2' off the floor so I can sit on my mechanic's stool and work. Any time I had to get lower, I laid on the floor and dropped the jack down so I could reach what I needed to get at.

Woody I always knew you could "Get Down" with the best...........

nice avatar
Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Harbor frieght has one that goes on sale every now and again for $199, but it is not that great, but does the job, if you also have a sissors lift.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

My buddy!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 AM
not Lady G, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Woody I always knew you could "Get Down" with the best...........

nice avatar
It is the getting back up that is the problem.

Original 43%er

My buddy!