Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Clubhouse
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Clubhouse Doof it up here!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Some hidden DooF history?

KFengler's '43' thread reminded me of this email I got from a friend...

An Introduction to Doof Culture
Here he is folks.
Meet the Doof.
See his smile?
He looks like he is glad to see you.
Doesn't he seem happy? Does he seem familiar?

I first spotted the Doof, five years ago, spray painted on a scrap of green painted plywood that was duct taped to a concrete barrier on the outskirts of Martinez. I then spotted him around town in the form of stickers and imprints of what looked like a rubber stamp. The Doof's black and white contented expression stayed on my mind and I became intrigued by it and the whole image of the Doof.

I began to create in earnest the Doof onto and out of many different materials, filling up my snug little studio. In 2005, at the prestigious Nathan Larremendy Gallery in beautiful Ojai, California, I installed a snaking pattern of Doof creations that weaved their way around the gallery walls. It received a warm reception and created a small budding of curiosity about the Doof. The Doof even adorned the cover of a local newspaper.

In the months after the exhibition of the installation, I started receiving correspondence from artists around the country who also used the Doof in their art. I soon learned that the smiling face of the Doof was not limited to spray paint and markers. Astoundingly, the Doof has made its way onto many different artforms, by a variety of artists from anonymous amateurs to highly respected fine artists. To my amazement, I found out that the Doof is the inspiration for musicians, poets, and writers as well, with an impressive output of Doof music, Doof plays, Doof prose and Doof poetry. In a short time, I began to trade with the other artists and started to collect their artwork. This led to collecting all forms of the Doof, including newspaper reviews and articles and memorabilia. I did not know there was so much to the Doof considering I did not think anybody else, outside my small group of friends knew it existed.

Did you know that some artists consider the Doof lucky? Can you believe it is magical in some eyes? I myself find contentment in his smile. What do you see?

I now currently have a growing collection of Doof Culture to which I add to every day. I feel that it is important at this time to share Doof Culture with the world. Even though this marvelous culture is precariously balanced on the fringe of our society, the smiling face of the Doof, seen through its many forms and known through its many myths, is an important and vital part of our heritage of the human spirit.

Take for example artist and Doof visionary, T. L. Douveres, whose beautiful paintings of frolicking Doofs living in a dreamy California Landscape are such treasures of beauty and composition. They should not be stored away to be forgotten but displayed where they can be appreciated. Therefore I have created this website to deal with the global enlightenment of Doof Culture.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Doof1.bmp (19.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: bmp Doof2.bmp (40.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: bmp Doof3.bmp (52.4 KB, 42 views)

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Last edited by Red Rider; 06-26-2007 at 06:35 AM.