Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Veterans
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:16 AM
kenhorse

for the vets

a honest no b.s. question. if you could join up and do a tour in iraq or Afghanistan would you and why?
i will go first. yes and because their is a mission going on that i am not part of and still feel like i could contribute. i am to slow to kick doors in but i could man a weapon on convoy or at a gate. before anybody Says it i am not gungho it just tears me up to see all those young people come home in flag covered coffins, i feel a sense of guilt for not giving more, i don't expect the civies to understand it's that bond that grows between men and now woman who suffer hardship together. politics aside we are their and are guys are bleeding. i have explained it this way, in the old days when the retired a Calvary horse, the old sob would get all excited at the sound of the bugle, to dumb to know he would be more hindrance than help. young men here the trumpets and see the flags and answer their country's call, real soldiers rush to the sounds of a fight because they know they can make a difference. old men here the sounds of battle and think they are young. or have my meds kicked in to soon? you answer
Old 02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Jams

When North Korea set off that fizzle bomb, I stopped by the Marine Corps Recruiters office and told this mid-twenty year old Sergeant that I was ready to re-enlist.
He was polite and called me "sir" and asked me how old I was.
Told the smart-ass that since they extended the enlistment age to 35 then I would still have a few years left available of a 20 year career to finish out on.

Yeah, I would go in a heart beat if I knew that it meant a 20 year kid could stay home and have a family.

The way things are going though, I wouldn't doubt if we all still might not be called to serve again.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 AM
kenhorse

he should have known once a marine always a marine. did you hear about the 70 yr old man killing the robber with his bare hands? i bet he was a jar head.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhorse View Post
he should have known once a marine always a marine. did you hear about the 70 yr old man killing the robber with his bare hands? i bet he was a jar head.

That is exactly what the 30 something year old "Major" said to me when he walked in while I was there.. Shook my hand and called me sir.

Yeah I heard about it. He broke the robbers clavicle and knocked him out with a choke hold that they couldn't' resuscitate him from..... Resuscitation method used was with the guy laying on the ground and yell at him to get up. It his problem if he don't get up right?