Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The biggest improvement I have seen with the Andrews 26 is.....

A much cooler running engine. Oil temp lost about 20 degrees and the heads and my legs are much cooler than with stock cam...Even if you got zero performance gain it would still be worth the upgrade just to give the thighs a break from the heat.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
interesting ......

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I was hoping someone would explain why, I am making an assumption here but I figure it is because of the increase in overlap.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A cooler engine is a happy engine and rider with cooler thighs is a happy rider! I'd like to do anything I could to make my engine run cooler, might have to investigate some more and get Ramon's thoughts on the upgrade.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
its still winter?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

It would still get hot in winter, on a 70 deg day it would stabilize at about 210 , yesterday it was 70 and it stabilized at about 188. Could be a coincidence but I doubt it.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Maybe your thighs are cooler because you're older now

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
interesting .......

I'm going to be interested in hearing someone explain why putting in a different cam would make yur bike run cooler

Interesting .....

btw .. I did not notice that mine ran any cooler after the build

Interesting.....

Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Maybe your thighs are cooler because you're older now

Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Buffalo Hump

older, cooler thighs

still laughing here .....

Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

My thighs cooled a few years ago, a long life of burning the fire to hot I guess burned it out early!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Known Associate

DB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDB Road Dog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Did you get a new tune (dyno)? When Doc did my build with the 26g and retuned the bike cooled down a bit. I think that inline with the head work Doc did seemed to make my RK run more efficient thus cooler.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
A much cooler running engine. ...Even if you got zero performance gain it would still be worth the upgrade just to give the thighs a break from the heat.
Quote:
I was hoping someone would explain why, I am making an assumption here but I figure it is because of the increase in overlap.
Quote:
It would still get hot in winter.... Could be a coincidence but I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Road Dog View Post
Did you get a new tune (dyno)? When Doc did my build with the 26g and retuned the bike cooled down a bit. I think that inline with the head work Doc did seemed to make my RK run more efficient thus cooler.
It's probably the tune. A combination of not running as lean and an advance in the timing. Both will make the engine run cooler.

The overlap helps in scavenging exhaust and promoting a fill with clean air and fuel. The overlap works best in a narrow RPM range and can actually pull unburnt fuel and air out of the cylinder if the rpm's are too low.
Your cams are designed to produce the best cylinder fill at low rpm's that's why the torque is highest there. The overlap will allow more clean air and fuel but if the timing is retarded or fuel is withheld the engine would still run hot.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
same here after doc's tune it ran much cooler.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Yep.
Fuel acts as a coolant.
Seriously.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.