Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Dixie's getting new garters and a bra

Just scored a set of the fully adjustable '00-'05 rear shocks and a T-Sport Fairing w. hardware off of fleabay for my FXDX (aka Dixie).

There's a DX/T-Sport cast front and rear wheel there as well as a set of the correct 39mm fork lowers, and front and rear brakes that I'm going for tomorrow. (I like my wire wheels, but I also like riding several hundred miles in a day and these wheels would allow me to go tubeless.)

If I get the lowers, I'll get the Race Tech gold valves and save some bucks over trying to get the OEM adjustable forks. There's a set on fleabay now that start at $625.

Trying to upgrade my '99 to '00-'05 spec. components.

Question for the Dyna smart guys: would it be worth it to replace my Evo holdover circuit breakers with the '00 and up fuse panel? Or would that mean replacing ignition and coils as well?
Reason for this? Would like to use heated gloves/vest on this bike and not sure about doing that w. the breakers.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Last edited by Redleg; 12-07-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Can't wait to see her all dressed up!

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Sounds good, don't know about the electrical issue. I have fuses on my 00 FXDX. I use a heated liner and no problems yet. Sorry I can't help

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
End result: Got the fork lowers to allow me to fit a set of dual caliper front brakes (with Goodridge braided stainless lines), and the dual caliper rear brake w. reservoir.

Had to pass on the cast wheels though, felt that the brake upgrade was more important.

My Christmas shopping is done...

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Can't wait to see her all dressed up!
Yep! Pics man, pics!

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Don't worry, once I get all the goodies in and put on, I will snap & post.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Pleasant surprise today. The 39mm fork lowers arrived from Ohio and they're the compression damping version. With the gold valve emulators on the uppers, I'll have the '00-'05 FXDX/T-Sport fork equivalents for about 1/4-1/3rd the cost.

The other stuff I got is supposed to be here tomorrow. Not at all excited...

Old 12-15-2009, 10:37 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Swede, do you really want to see a picture of two fork lowers?

Will post up a pic once the rest of the goodies come in tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Swede, do you really want to see a picture of two fork lowers?

Will post up a pic once the rest of the goodies come in tomorrow.
nah, I was just messin with ya. Post up once they are on the scoot

Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Just makin' sure. Although, with all the "sport" suspension stuff for the bike, I might need to refer to this to set it up:

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 PM
along came Blondie......

Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Finally warmed up enough out in the garage to do a little work.

Got the shocks put on tonight!

Hey Ed, depending on how well you do with your own forks, I may get your help with mine.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Pleasant surprise today. The 39mm fork lowers arrived from Ohio and they're the compression damping version. With the gold valve emulators on the uppers, I'll have the '00-'05 FXDX/T-Sport fork equivalents for about 1/4-1/3rd the cost.
Score.

Kimber

Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Finally warmed up enough out in the garage to do a little work.

Got the shocks put on tonight!

Hey Ed, depending on how well you do with your own forks, I may get your help with mine.
Is that a 99

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.