Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures > Back In The Day!
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Back In The Day! Here's where the stories emit from the gasoline fumed memories of the old timers

Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
GrayRider

Daytona 1976

I was working as a pipefitter at GM in those days when a friend and co-worker asked me if I'd like to go to Bike Week in Daytona. He said that he had a place for us to stay, so I said, "Sure, why not." His name was Dale.

Several months passed, and as the date approached we started making plans. He had a bike trailer and said that he'd drive, so when the time came we loaded up my Super Glide and his 900 Kaw, the women and headed south.

Ocala was where we were headed. That's where his sister in law lived, and she was gonna put us up. He hadn't said much about her, but I thought it was nice that she'd have us.

We arrived in Ocala and headed out toward the countryside. I noticed that there were a lot of horses. Ocala in known for horse ranches. He turned into a drive that had a locked gate, and rang the buzzer. Someone answered and said he'd be down to let us in.

Soon a new El Dorado pulled up to the inside of the gate. A huge man got out of the car and came over to the driver's side of Dale's car. I thought, this was scary..fortunately, I don't succumb to fear.

The big, scary guy broke the frown on his face, smiled and said, "Welcome, you're expected..follow me," and opened the gate. He led us up a long lane through an immaculate looking horse ranch until we reached the main house...a HUGE main house.

Turns out, his sister in law lived with a guy named Dan Lassiter. Now ol' Dan had founded a little restaurant chain a few years prior called, Ponderosa Steak Houses. I didn't know that until that moment. Dale didn't brag much. At this time, Lassiter had sold Ponderosa and retired at about 30 years old, moved to Ocala and raised race horses. One of Secretariat's colts was there on the ranch.

It was a great week..fridge was loaded with steaks and beer and anything else that we wanted. Every bedroom in the house had it's own bathroom. I'd throw a dirty t-shirt in the floor in the morning, ride to Daytona, come back that evening and the shirt would be laundered, ironed and hanging in the closet. I suspect maid service, but never saw her.

Here's Dale and me on the ranch.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2944Old_School_Daytona_76.JPG (113.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
liven the life it looks like

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 07-14-2008, 09:09 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great story!
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:12 PM
DynaDav

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Great story! Gray, you are something else. Is there anything you haven't done?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
Great story! Gray, you are something else. Is there anything you haven't done?

We don't want to hear about that one time....

.....at band camp......

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
We don't want to hear about that one time....

.....at band camp......

I believe that would be Al's story.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great story Gray

Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Nice bedtime tale Uncle Gray. . .thank you.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Tell us the truth,thats your Kaw.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Man-oh-man....now that sounds like a good trip with great accomodations!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Tell us the truth,thats your Kaw.
I wish. Those 900's were bad to the bone.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
I wish. Those 900's were bad to the bone.
Nice story !

Thanks for sharing

and ur right on the 900's they were faster than the kz1000 that followed

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
Nice bedtime tale Uncle Gray. . .thank you.
I ain't old enough to be your uncle!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
In the holler, half the people are younger than their uncles.

How long did it take for them to evict you? Dayum, I would have wanted to stay.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!