Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Bike Detailing
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Bike Detailing Discuss the proper care and cleaning of the scoot.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Leather Saddle conditioner...buy "their stuff" or is the less expensive stuff Okay???

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Chromer,,,,,

One thing for sure.... if you are buying the HD stuff you are getting the cheapest stuff that they can find and paying 20 times what it is worth...

Getting a good quality at a fair price is still easy to do...

If you want the really good leather stuff go into a saddle shop.. there you will find good at a fair price...

ps the new Doof Babe says HI
Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 PM

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Toll Pimp...

Well...the HD leather goop was found "free" in the leather covered saddle bags when I brought it home. So, no doubt about it it must be cheap.

Back Atcha Nancy....

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 04-21-2008, 07:10 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
That "dressing" is more of a heavy waterproofer, IIRC. the Lexol type stuff or H-D's "conditioner" is more what you want on your saddle.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
8-Ball

I use Protectall on everything...

This stuff is supposed to be pretty good...

http://www.chilhowee.net/leather-care/BB001.html
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Are we talking leather seats???

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I always used the "free" Harley stuff on my bags, and leather seat. I was happy with it.

I guess I am an exception ... I actually like most of the Harley stuff and feel it works well. The truly overpriced oil is the only exception.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I use the H-D stuff, too. Reasonably priced and it works.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
I like Doc Bailey's Leather Black......

http://www.docbailey.com/leather_care.asp

Chromer might like the Leather White.....

Old 04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
gAZINTAs

majikman has failed to amuse us
I have used Mink Oil with good results
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
8-Ball

I think you guys spend too much time cleaning your bikes...
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
You want oil boots, with mink oil such for water proofing. But condition jackets, and probably seats. I have never owned a leather seat.

I have used saddle soap. But also heard its to harsh for modern leather.

What are you using on vinyl seats?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I think you guys spend too much time cleaning your bikes...

What? I thought you were the guy that was asking about the Micro-Fiber towels just yesterday??.......

Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
What? I thought you were the guy that was asking about the Micro-Fiber towels just yesterday??.......
He waxes the inside of his fenders.
In his defense, I think he only does it when his engine is being rebuilt and he can't ride, so sometimes they'll go two and a half - three months without being waxed.