Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
8-Ball

Flushing the case...

I'm dropping my oil pan... want to look in there and replace the gasket anyway... had some leaking.. thought I would flush the case while I'm at it just to make sure there is nothing lurking about in there from the nikasil builds... no stone unturned...

What is the best way to do this?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
just push down on that little handle...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
This looks like a pain, since you can't jack it up, cause jack would be in the way. I am real anal, but is this nescary? I still think, in my unprofessional opinion, nikal sil would have been gone by now. Did Doc say to do this? If so, and a proffesional opinion then I would.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Jams

Spray any grime away with some Brake Clean. That is what I would do.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
try this...

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/p...4_front200.jpg

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
God, these guys are brutal. Here's what to do.

1) Put it on the lift.

2) While it's up there, go get a beer.

3) While drinking the beer, ask Mary if she needs anything from the store.

4) Put beer down. (No drinking and driving!) Go to store.

5) Look around store.

6) Come home.

7) Invite Rick over.

8) When Rick asks, "Why's the bike up in the air?" Tell him you were being anal again, and the boys are messing with you. He'll understand.

9) Lower bike.

10) STOP WORRYING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!! IT'S FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl

Could ask Gordo to hold it up, while he takes the pan off. Hope he doesn't get dstracted or have to pee.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Woody218

If you insist on flushing the case, get 2 gallons of kerosene...

open the drain plug on the crankcase...slowly pour the kerosene down over the rods into the lower end...

curse like a sailor because you forgot to put a pan under the engine to catch the kerosene...

wipe kerosene off the floor...

put pan under crankcase...

slowly upend kerosene container again...

realize you are out of kerosene...
Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Excommunicated

Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
If you insist on flushing the case, get 2 gallons of kerosene...

open the drain plug on the crankcase...slowly pour the kerosene down over the rods into the lower end...

curse like a sailor because you forgot to put a pan under the engine to catch the kerosene...

wipe kerosene off the floor...

put pan under crankcase...

slowly upend kerosene container again...

realize you are out of kerosene...

sounds like you've done this before?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
8-Ball

I was going to drop the oil pan, but it says I have to hoist it from the ceiling to get it off...

Think I will leave good enough alone... can't find any kerosene anyway...

Maybe just a good case inspection...