Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
But you have a bagger. The Dyna beads are compatible?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Enzyte Bob

Mercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographic
Seems to me like when you stop, they would all settle to the bottom and have to sling around again every time you start rolling.

On a side note, some like `em yanked out quickly at a precise moment

*2007 FXSTC 103*
103+ Heads, 50mm Throttle Body, Andrews 54 H Cams
PC 111, Rinehart 2 into 1's
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
Tuned by Jesse @ 41 Cycles
I am Bob

+

The Square Root of 1849 is...

If anyone is interested in time travel, meet me last Tuesday at the Ga 43 sign.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Seems to me like when you stop, they would all settle to the bottom and have to sling around again every time you start rolling.
That's the idea behind dynamic balancing.

They re-balance constantly. As subtle changes occur to your tire, they dynamically re-balance.

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:18 AM
señor rusto de austin

Rusto has failed to amuse us
Leaking beads

I found out I have D.Beads in my RK the hard way. (didn't know they were in there since the scoot came with em')

We were headed over to Albert Tx a few weeks ago. I checked the tire(s) pressure before hittin' the road. Was fine - no need to add.

I didnt notice anything on the way over (85 mi.) but about a mile out from Albert the front end got heavy & I checked for a soft tire, which I had.

I rode on to Johnson City & paid a dollar for air. I dead headed home & checked for pressure/leaks. The tire was holding air so I scratched my head.

Next morning, guess what - no air. I replaced the valve core & re-aired. Next day - no air. I pulled the valve core & examined w/ a mag. glass.

Tiny little Dyna Beads on the sealing surface. Light bulb ! I Googled DB's & now have a new procedure for checking/airing those tires.

Opinion: Don't like 'em but I'll tell you what I do like. The heavy sidewalls on D402's that get you back into town.

Give Us a Hug
Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I asked my mechanic about them a while back. He said he would charge me extra if he ever had to replace tires and found those in them.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Did you have to pull up your t-shirt to get these beads?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The principle behind dynamic balancing is sound.

That said, this is my experience....I switched to Dyna Beads after talking to a few guys at Vukfest last year. The Night Train has sealed spoked wheels, so I figured that they'd be perfect in them. Roughly 3 weeks later, my daughter and I were riding home from a football game, and the bike started handling weird. I managed to get us off the Beltway and took a look at the front tire....It was totally flat, with a chunk of wire sticking out of it.

I don't know if it was part of the tire.

I don't know if I picked it up on the road and it caused the failure.

I don't know if I picked it up on the road after the failure.

When the tire was taken off the rim, a fine black sand was mixed in with the Dyna Beads. The sealant (you know, the stuff that keeps the air from leaking out where the spokes attach to the wheel) had been bead-blasted off.

I don't know if the Dyna Beads caused the tire failure.

I don't know if the friction from the failed tire destroyed the sealant.

What I know is that I suffered a catastrophic front tire failure at 70mph with my daughter on the back of the bike. The tire was less than a month old, with no more than 1,200 miles on it. I will never use Dyna Beads on the Night Train again, period. The rear tire (so far) has been fine, though the tire life has been shite. To be fair, I've also got a lot more motor available to me now, so it's entirely possible that's my fault.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Dyna Beads on a cast or forged wheel. As I said, the principle is sound.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I love them... no issues since I started with them.

I also have inner tubes, which are smooth inside.

8500 miles when I changed my rear tire, I cut the tube open to have a look-see. There was some fine black beads mixed in with the white dyna beads, most likely rubber, but the inner tube was fine, nice and smooth.

As to Russ' issue w/ the sealant, I'd say likely not caused by the beads, as centrifugal force will keep the beads off the spokes.

Myself, I'd never run a spoked rim tubeless. Ever.

Just my thoughts, and they're probably wrong.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
I asked my mechanic about them a while back. He said he would charge me extra if he ever had to replace tires and found those in them.
So... he didn't give you an answer?

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
my exfiance like when I used them
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Arggghhhhh.

Lead is fine with me.

In small amounts. Like 1-2 oz.

Positive location.

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
So... he didn't give you an answer?

He gave me all the answer I needed. I trust him. I can't say that for many.