Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place)
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place) Evo's , Shovels, Pans, and anything else...

Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
yikes!!! I agree step by step, the whole lapping thing is case in point, some people say don't bother but I have the time to try and do it, I am just to cheap to spend 100 on a tool that I will never use again and probably couldn't resell
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
yikes!!! I agree step by step, the whole lapping thing is case in point, some people say don't bother but I have the time to try and do it, I am just to cheap to spend 100 on a tool that I will never use again and probably couldn't resell
donate it to Dave fer a discount down the pike....

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Keep the faith, I have found if I go step by step with No Shortcuts and hurry nothing, things always go well- your nervous, have you seen mine....

Dirk
Yeah, it could be worse, Dave.

Where'd you get the tile cut?
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Yeah, it could be worse, Dave.

Where'd you get the tile cut?
my garage, I bought a bit/hacksaw kit for 13 bucks at homedepot, when I was done butchering the hole I cleaned it up with my die grinder, it wasn't perfectly round, but I keep rotating the tile and the cylinder so I think I made up for the out of round
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
my garage, I bought a bit/hacksaw kit for 13 bucks at homedepot, when I was done butchering the hole I cleaned it up with my die grinder, it wasn't perfectly round, but I keep rotating the tile and the cylinder so I think I made up for the out of round
I figure flat is more important than round in this case.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 PM
grapenutless

I don't think the issue is out of round, but clearly from the inside to the outside the bases were not flat, the rear was pretty good, the front was about 1/64 out, I could lay my ruler across and rock it back and forth, that is placing it in front of the sleeve across the base, it doesn't do that anymore, just a tiny bit of light shows through minute really
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Under Construction

I think it was Springer across the street who put up a real good thread w/ pics on lapping cylinder bases. I can't see pics there anymore.....

Edit: found it on the BigBoyz site http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/showthread.php?t=76
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 12-29-2010, 07:56 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
I think it was Springer across the street who put up a real good thread w/ pics on lapping cylinder bases. I can't see pics there anymore.....

Edit: found it on the BigBoyz site http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/showthread.php?t=76
yeah, that was the thread that got me thinking that I really need to do this, I even used blue sharpie like him.
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
yeah, that was the thread that got me thinking that I really need to do this, I even used blue sharpie like him.
Does the Persian rug on the floor help any?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
grapenutless

It helped me do math when I fit the rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
Does the Persian rug on the floor help any?

Sent from vacation land
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
grapenutless

I remember that look
Sent from my ADR6300
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
lookin good in "vacation land"

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader- View Post
lookin good in "vacation land"
vacation land is over, that was a week ago, now is "back to the grind land"!
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjailerman View Post
getting there nicely...
you just want to ride it again.....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
grapenutless

I have spares now.... your memory is just fine

Sent from my ADR6300
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty