Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Is the suspension any better on the 14's?

I don't want to get rid of ABS, but at some speed, I don't know what that is, it becomes moot. ABS is a good thing, and I would agree most riders need it. I'm also not minimizing the challenge it presents to the engineers, but in it's current form it needs improvement.
The front suspension is a revelation. The rear is the same old garbage. I tend to agree that ABS becomes unnecessary under 15-20mph, but you forget that motorcycle companies design to the lowest common denominator and/or the fear of litigation. All it takes is one guy (like the one in Ken's video) to get a lawyer because the ABS that would have prevented him from tossing his bike on the ground was disabled at walking speed.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
The front suspension is a revelation. The rear is the same old garbage. I tend to agree that ABS becomes unnecessary under 15-20mph, but you forget that motorcycle companies design to the lowest common denominator and/or the fear of litigation. All it takes is one guy (like the one in Ken's video) to get a lawyer because the ABS that would have prevented him from tossing his bike on the ground was disabled at walking speed.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
Talking to the Product Development engineers while in Milwaukee. They said that the 2013 IS their latest and best ABS system so far. According to one, it is much improved over the 2010's like I used to own. Quite honestly, the 2010 was way too sensitive; and all my stories about ABS were on the 2010. The 2013 is much less prone to falsing (as I call it). I still have to be careful when stopping behind cars . . . and I look at the pavement in that area to be sure to miss flaws in the concrete or ashpalt. I also don't practice my threshold braking when immovable objects are in front of me.

I don't wish to bash my motorcycle's ABS system. I have it and keep the fuse installed because there may be a time when I goof up and need it. So I put up with the annoyances.

I just hope that as they improve it, a flash will be available. Putting a lower limit on the activation speed would be nice. More loss of traction before activation would also be nice . . . for practiced as well as casual riders.

Ken