Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Give me my Lays Beaver!

Biker Bry has failed to amuse us
Help! Intake Question FLHTCUI

Hey!
I have been getting an intermittant Misfire Code from my bike. The check engine light comes on under steady acceleration after warm.

I removed the air cleaner module, and this is what I found.

I know the intake position depends on the air cleaner bracket, but the gap between the flange and intake shoulder looks huge. Is this OK?

The gap is less than 1/8"

Little History...

2005 Ultra with Bigbore kit installed from new.

Mech didn't line this up right?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
The intake seal is tapered as is the flange, it should be sealed. Is the code your getting a P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion EFI or P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion EFI? If you don't know the code, go here to find out how to get and clear codes.

http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/0405troublecodes.htm

P1356 is the one I was getting on hard acceleration when I had a lean section in my map. Once tuned it went away.

If you think you have an intake leak, use a propane torch and turn the valve on. With engine running direct the tip in and around the intake flanges and listen for changes in the idle.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Give me my Lays Beaver!

Biker Bry has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
The intake seal is tapered as is the flange, it should be sealed. Is the code your getting a P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion EFI or P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion EFI? If you don't know the code, go here to find out how to get and clear codes.

http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/0405troublecodes.htm

P1356 is the one I was getting on hard acceleration when I had a lean section in my map. Once tuned it went away.

If you think you have an intake leak, use a propane torch and turn the valve on. With engine running direct the tip in and around the intake flanges and listen for changes in the idle.
P1353 and P0505 hard fault now.

It's going to the dealer tomorrow, I know it's sucking air.