Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Saddlemen Explorer

I may be going to check out a Saddlemen Explorer seat tomorrow, but I'm really not familiar with them, so I have a couple of questions.... will it make me sit taller on the bike? Does anyone know if it will accept the HD backrest? Are they comfortable? I have a chance to pick it up for about 40% off, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate the input.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 04-13-2012, 07:37 AM
snow pirate

stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This is what it looks like.... not much info on their website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg seat.jpeg (36.8 KB, 61 views)

GFFG
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM
snow pirate

I was just talking to the guy that has the seat, and he says it sits you up another 1", and won't accept a driver's backrest.

Not interested anymore.

GFFG
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Dave. I'd check it out anyway. With that deep of a bucket, a backrest may not necessary.

If your really not interested, pm me the info..

Kimber

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Stoney...check out a sheep skin.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Hey Stoney,
I used an Explorer on my old RK for quite some time. I liked it a lot. If you want a backrest you have to use Saddleman's. Height wise, I guess it depends on what seat height you have now. From a Sundowner deep bucket I don't think it changed my height enough to notice.

I really like the way the seat cushion and lower back cushion are separate. Less pressure on your tailbone.

Greg
Old 04-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
I really like the way the seat cushion and lower back cushion are separate. Less pressure on your tailbone.
That's exactly what I need. Unfortunatly, I've never met anyone who has one to try out.

Eastern Performance has them on their web and ebay acutions daily... However, when we rode to the store they said none are in stock to see.

Kimber

Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Double-D

MasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMasterGunz is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I put the Harley road Zepplin on mine a couple weeks ago and have had a couple 300 mile ride. Like it and the ability to adjust the air in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGunz View Post
I put the Harley road Zepplin on mine a couple weeks ago and have had a couple 300 mile ride. Like it and the ability to adjust the air in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That was gonna be my second recommendation...
...although it is kinda spendy.

Love my air sofa.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I absolutely LOVED my Saddleman Explorer...

On my Heritage, it sat me a bit lower, and I didn't have the need for a backrest.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 PM
snow pirate

I'm still going to check it out tomorrow..... thanks for the input!

GFFG