Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Electrical Systems & Diagnostics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Electrical Systems & Diagnostics Troubleshoot electrical problems here.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Accessory circut diagram-2004 FLHTCI

If anyone has one out of the factory manual I would appriciate it posted up here. My Clymer manual sucks...

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
This site could get in trouble posting that, it is copywrited material. You should ask someone to PM you with it.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...it could be considered a centerfold...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Whats the problem?

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Whats the problem?
I want to mount a set of 55 watt x 2 running lights on my crash bars. I want to tie them in with the accessory connector under the seat so I can use the factory switch in the fairing. I already have a bunch of accessory lights, leds etc tied into it for rear running, turn and marker lights. Its a 15 amp circut and I need to see what else is tied into it from the factory so I can figure out the load on the circut. Gotta keep it below 180 watts or it will kick the fuse.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The switch on the fairing plate, and an aux brake light circuit is all that's there.
So, what ever you have tied in to it already, should be it. I'll dig up my book tonight and check.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-13-2008, 06:39 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Your lights will draw just over 9 amps. 'course you knew that already.
Doesn't leave much left over for anything else.
If it was me, I would get a small toggle switch ( we use them in our
"I" cars for surveilance), and a relay. Just make sure the switch is run off of
switched power. Running through a relay cuts down on the melt down factor.

dzlfitr