Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
really small memory

Ridgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I don't know.

And regarding warranty, it already is the case that all H-D and SE parts/accessories purchased and installed prior to delivery by the dealer are covered by the 2-year, unlimited mileage warranty.

How would this affect dealership service departments, which are tasked with all customer ordered, pre-delivery p&a procurement and installation?

Quarenta-tres . . .
Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Wonder if you'll be able to build one that doesn't take a sh!t on you, like Ed's and a few others.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Oh Crap........just crap...
Old 01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Personally, I don't think it's gonna be as big as San Francisco before we know it, nor will it be just as sophisticated.
I do hope I'm wrong, but there hasn't been a bloody coup on Juneau Ave that I've heard of, and if this does turn out good, where have they been keeping the people responsible and why have they started listening to them now?
What this does is prevent the Mothership from having to make any revolutionary changes to the bikes for the near future. Assuming they don't bone this up, it'll open them up to people who wouldn't have looked at them otherwise.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
are they releasing a sticker or a poster to announce this?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
Option packages save the manufacturer money, keeps the price of the car relatively low and minimizes mistakes and poor workmanship. Unless they do this like AMG does with Mercedes cars, on guy builds an engine from start to finish...it won't be pretty. Not sure if you've shopped for an AMG lately, but it is a little pricey. I predict miserable failure on this.
I gotta agree. You think CVO's are pricey?

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So now they can invalidate your warranty before it even is out of the factory?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
I gotta agree. You think CVO's are pricey?
Yeah, but on the other hand you may be able to order a stripped down EG, with the CVO driveline, less all the CVO doo dads.

It could be like the COPO Chevys from the late '60s-factory hot rods in plain brown wrappers.

Keep the 110 emblems off it, who'd know the difference???
Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good point, Ken. I tend not to trust Officers of the Mothership regarding pricing, though.

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
Henry Ford said it best while using production lines for cars....you can have any color so long as it is black. Another American icon, Whinchester rifles was an assembly line item. How many custom ones of those do you suppose will come from the factory.

COPO Chevy's if I am not mistaken were mostly full option package cars with a bunch of deletes. Those would not add greatly to the assembly line. What you want are workers that don't have to make lots of decisions when it comes to assembly...otherwise you get monstrous costs, slowed production, and crappy product. I can see a CVO mechanical bike without all the doo-dad's as being appealing to many though.

Fast, Cheap, or Good. Pick 2 only please.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 01-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
What this does is prevent the Mothership from having to make any revolutionary changes to the bikes for the near future. Assuming they don't bone this up, it'll open them up to people who wouldn't have looked at them otherwise.

Anybody want to take a bet that it's cosmetics only and limited to add on's and not swap outs? Hope I'm wrong.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
It sounds cool, but they wouldn't give me enough on a trade-in to make it worth my time. Heck, I just got mine running really nice. That being said, I would love to build me a custom one-off.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
I'm just looking forward to watching them squabble on TV each week, now that they're doing customs.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Site Sponsor
Doof Member

JDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with

Route 412, Bethlehem. 412 = (4, 1+2=3) = 43
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'm just looking forward to watching them squabble on TV each week, now that they're doing customs.

joe
I won't watch it, but that was funny.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.