Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > My Story, the Beginning...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

My Story, the Beginning... Welcome! The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Bonus points for telling us something embarrassing. We encourage you to visit the "Our origins and history.." area to gain a little insight into how the heck this all started, anyway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
What a loooooong strange trip its been...

Greetings from ATL!

I've just nearly finished my first year of riding an '03 Road Glide. This coming Friday is my one year anniversary of owning my bike, Silver. I bought the bike from a friend with 20k miles on it, and then put on 25k more. I've attached a pic of the bike overlooking Death Valley.

My maiden voyage was a solo 1,600 mile run in 5 states. I had a 10 hour day making time to do some business, and some perfectly lazy days to take the long way. I met real interesting characters, got to know my bike, saw the world a different way, and resurrected 8 or 9 years of childhood riding. And that was all just the first trip.

A few weeks ago I was facing some chain tensioner maintenance decisions about whether or not to add in a cam and ignition tuner upgrade while they were putting in hydraulic tensioners. That decision making process led me to find various OTHER motorcycle forums. In no more than an hour and 43 minutes or so of poking around on another forum, it was clear to me that there was an occluded brotherhood/sisterhood of some sort which seemed to be the bearers of ancient wisdom cleverly disguised in a wrapper of absurd foolery. Well, that's the sort of thing that get's my attention so I started digging around and found my way here after looking about six other places.

I read your Doof Anthology with rapt attention and my jaw dropped when I got to the section which proclaims that verbosity is actually rewarded in this forum. I knew I'd found a place that would become like a home -- twisted and demented -- but homey!

Then, when I read that it was the Waffle House breast from which this bunch first suckled on that inaugural breakfast morn, I just sank back into my chair and quivered. I don't know if I can say orgasmic here or not -- but, I'm just sayin'...

I'm my estimation, Waffle House is the crowning achievement of Western Civilization. Any group in possession of the good taste to seek nourishment for the road at the Waffle House counter is a group I want to get to know.

So, here's a little about me. I grew up in Horneytown, NC. Trust me, I wouldn't kid about a thing like that. I have two daughters, Currently live in Atlanta, GA but am planning a move back up to NC within about a year (both GA and NC happen to be states with highway 43's ...hmmmm). started riding at about 6, just coming back after a long break. I'll turn 40 later this month. I see a few faithful Doofs hailing from down in the southeast as I poke around the boards. I'll be hoping to help a southern contingent rise into its own within the doofdom.

Peace,
Road Wolf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silver in Death Valley 10-08.jpg (95.3 KB, 83 views)