Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
N0 N0 N0 !!!!!!

Look at the motor size on this 2002 Dyna!!!!

N0 N0 N0~~

((hahahha))

®
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
I'm fairly certain the issue is the ins company is not going to hand him a check and let him deal with repairs.

The dealer is not going to let Timmy drop off a bunch of parts for the repair either. I know this dealer well and when it comes to helping somebody out, they'll consider it if the money's right. They're just not flexible.

Need to get with the adjuster and find out if it's indeed going to be totaled and then try and get repair estimate down below that threshold.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A few '04/'05 Dyna dealer take off paint sets on eBay.

$800 + shipping.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-Harley...sories&vxp=mtr

$900 + shipping.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-Harley...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When you file a claim, you can either accept the estimate and the insurance company's check, or you can refuse it. The bike belongs to you, and can only be totaled if that's the settlement you accept. You can't just take the amount of money you want and expect the insurance company to hand it over. If they determine that it's totaled, it's totaled; if they determine that it'll cost $5,000 to fix it right, they expect it to be fixed right, since they're still going to insure it.

Timmy, you need to get another estimate; one that isn't so hopelessly padded. Realistically, an indy would probably charge you around $2,500 to get you back on the road. We can do it ourselves for far less than that.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
When you file a claim, you can either accept the estimate and the insurance company's check, or you can refuse it. The bike belongs to you, and can only be totaled if that's the settlement you accept. You can't just take the amount of money you want and expect the insurance company to hand it over. If they determine that it's totaled, it's totaled; if they determine that it'll cost $5,000 to fix it right, they expect it to be fixed right, since they're still going to insure it.

Timmy, you need to get another estimate; one that isn't so hopelessly padded. Realistically, an indy would probably charge you around $2,500 to get you back on the road. We can do it ourselves for far less than that.
If he gets a lower estimate from an indy that allows the ins company to not total the bike, wouldn't the ins check be made payable to Timmy AND the indy for repairs? Just curious how that works.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
If he gets a lower estimate from an indy that allows the ins company to not total the bike, wouldn't the ins check be made payable to Timmy AND the indy for repairs? Just curious how that works.
In Maryland, no. I don't know what Virginia law is, but in Maryland they check is made out to you only. I don't know what, if any, recourse is available to the insurance company if you decline to use their money to fix your vehicle.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

I don't know if the InsCo will pay for another estimate.
I know there is at least $3k that can be knocked off that list.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...anyone who wants to take a serious look at the estimate, IM me your email address.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Regarding the ins. co and number of estimates, I think you can get as many as you want.

If you find someone to do the repairs for less money, you're, in effect, saving the ins. co. money.

I know that when mrs. o had to have insurance claim type repairs done on previous cars, we'd get at least two estimates, one from the offending party's recommended shop and the other from a body shop we preferred. Our shop was always cheaper, and the ins. co. covered the estimated repairs no problem.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Put one of Dippsy Life Was Good over the dent in the gas tank!
Perfect

Tim you can get a primed tank or get yours repaired there are a million painters around
Looks like you can be fixed for under 2k easy

Sent from my sheep's butt
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippsy View Post
Perfect

Tim you can get a primed tank or get yours repaired there are a million painters around
Looks like you can be fixed for under 2k easy

Sent from my sheep's butt
...if I get it to Turkeypoloozo, I could get it fixed for less than $2k and a few boxes of cigars...

...or so I've been told...

..my beatch right now is just waiting for the InsCo to make a decision & then get it towed to another shop for another estimate. First and foremost is my next Dr. Appt. to find out WTF he's gonna do about my leg and the @#$% pain I continue to experience even on the meds.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Last edited by TimmyD; 11-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Relax a little bit and do some checking with insurance laws and regulations for your state.

I once took the check and fixed my bike for about half the estimate. That was a few years ago, but worth checking into.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan

Last edited by Dinero; 11-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Breaker of Stuff

That's good advice.

Timmy, have you expressed to the insurance company that you don't want the bike totaled?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Quote:
That's good advice.

Timmy, have you expressed to the insurance company that you don't want the bike totaled?
Russ, I haven' t spoke with them since I called & told 'em where it got towed. I think I'm gonna call them on Monday & spreakin' with them about all we have discussed on here.

I still think that bike has at least another 100k miles left in it.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
I still think that bike has at least another 100k miles left in it.
We really need a "like" button here.