Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Y2K King is a great guy, I won't get into the details but lets just say, I owe him big time!

I am going to get his seat worked on:

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I hear good things....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It seems such a contradiction for a hard seat to be comfortable. They're expensive enough not to buy one just to see. For that matter, I think my '08 stock seat works well.

Except for the part where a seam is starting to separate...

So I am thinking about seats. Are Corbin seats comfortable for larger keisters or just skinny ones?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I loved my corbin on the road king, the g/f thought it was hard, if it wasn't so expensive and the bike payment coming, I would have bought another one, the seat on the rk lasted about 3 years before it was pretty well shot. Hard is good, everyone knows that
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Am I a big ass or little ass?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
It seems such a contradiction for a hard seat to be comfortable. They're expensive enough not to buy one just to see. For that matter, I think my '08 stock seat works well.

Except for the part where a seam is starting to separate...

So I am thinking about seats. Are Corbin seats comfortable for larger keisters or just skinny ones?
It does seem contrary, Dan, but harder IS better! I think no matter the size of your ass, a Corbin would fit you good.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:50 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Dan,

I don't know a lot about seats but I have a corbin on the bagger. It feels hard when ya sit on it. 500 miles later it still feels hard when ya sit on it but yer ass don't hurt any more than when ya started.

DJ's pretty happy with his '08 seat. The Corbin does lower you some. That and a 1/2" drop in shock height made the bagger as sure footed as the softtail.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
Y2K King is a great guy, I won't get into the details but lets just say, I owe him big time!

I am going to get his seat worked on:

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I hear good things....
why thank you kind sir. apparently you haven't talked to any of my ex-wives.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
why thank you kind sir. apparently you haven't talked to any of my ex-wives.
seems like we have more than good taste in bikes in common, wife 101 and fiance 103 aren't to thrilled with me!!!!
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
seems like we have more than good taste in bikes in common, wife 101 and fiance 103 aren't to thrilled with me!!!!
two brothers from different mothers.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Can anybody post up some pics of the corbin on their baggers?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Am I a big ass or little ass?
Is there a third option???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
It does seem contrary, Dan, but harder IS better! I think no matter the size of your ass, a Corbin would fit you good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
Dan,

I don't know a lot about seats but I have a corbin on the bagger. It feels hard when ya sit on it. 500 miles later it still feels hard when ya sit on it but yer ass don't hurt any more than when ya started.

DJ's pretty happy with his '08 seat. The Corbin does lower you some. That and a 1/2" drop in shock height made the bagger as sure footed as the softtail.
Mebbe one of yous guys will let me sit on one next time we meet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Good thought. I'd like to see'em, too.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

not a very good pic, but i'll get some of it later today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg true duals 7.jpg (115.3 KB, 30 views)

Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

It does look nice. Bike looks great, BTW. I really like that color combo. Not as much of a step for the passenger. That might be an issue for Ruth. She would like a bigger step than the stock seat has.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Will try to get that done today...

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I just got off the phone with Don at Corbin Florida, he is sending out some samples. The hardest part of this is going to be the material selection. Since these things cost a small fortune I might as go all the way. I kind of like this but not sure how it will look on the dual tour, thinking a mercedees leather trim strip down the center of the seat like the CVO's with the baby gator seating area and candy red welts to match the paint. There are a million combos so who knows what I will end up with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3216155602_05549e8210.jpg (98.9 KB, 28 views)