Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDouthitt View Post
I'd take a SE Road Glide...course I'd have to be able to afford one first.
I'm with you. 'Course... I'm not ready to give up my FXRT yet. Can't do both.

Been jonesing for an RG for a while. SE just makes it better.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 07-19-2008, 11:12 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
1802CCs = 110 CI?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16X9 Shooter View Post
Road Glides are ugly.
I agree~~~~~~~~~~ ( am i a dumbass?)

®
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
may be i miss read but the police bikes where 100cc lager even better reason to get a used police bike

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Who was that say'n if Harley came out with another SE RoadGlide that Mega might go look at it!~ ,, Hello?...........
Heck yes I would. But then, I paid a dollar to look at a headless woman at the fair once, too.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:40 AM
really small memory

Ridgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
The Road King Heritage doesn't make sense. Why would it be called FLHTUCH instead of FLHRUCH?

These reports have been wrong in the past.
Yeah I was wondering about that one too. There've been misprints in the past. The letter designation would make you think Ultra Heritage, which probably means you pay $1500 additional for wide whitewalls and handlebar grip streamers.

Quarenta-tres . . .
Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Trash

noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
They had a Limited Edition '07 Road Glide...

I seen't it.
But you have no pictures to prove it..................

®
Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
But you have no pictures to prove it..................
Are you sure.... 100% positive?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0136.jpg (132.8 KB, 53 views)
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Trash

Quote:
They had a Limited Edition '07 Road Glide...

I seen't it.
Quote:
Are you sure.... 100% positive?

Thats an `08 ..First year with the blacked out motor in the RG~

®
Old 07-20-2008, 01:37 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16X9 Shooter View Post
Road Glides are ugly.
That wasn't nice...

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I don't much stock in these things Sort missed the new model frenzy we usually get this time of year. Get all worked about a new color and chrome bolt accent. I mayhave to go across the street, for my guilty pleasure.

Though I was jsut saying,HD has been doing something the last two years, cause sales are down. They got to do something to sell bikes. In the past every 10 years they would do something.

Maybe 5 years left on TC????
Old 07-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
FLTRs have grown on me. Curious cause they are supposed to handle better. But I think there is some loss on hand protection. Living up north, that is one of my favorite things about the fairing.

Also it would be nice if they put out tourglide all decked out. They get how many glides and kings?

Last edited by Berserker; 07-20-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
really small memory

Ridgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I don't much stock in these things Sort missed the new model frenzy we usually get this time of year. Get all worked about a new color and chrome bolt accent. I mayhave to go across the street, for my guilty pleasure.

Though I was jsut saying,HD has been doing something the last two years, cause sales are down. They got to do something to sell bikes. In the past every 10 years they would do something.

Maybe 5 years left on TC????
I enjoy it even though I'm not in position to get another bike. Kind of interesting seeing where things are headed. The past three years have introduced some significant changes: '06 cruise-drive 6 speed introduced on Dynas and reduced-effort clutches, HK radios on FL Glides; '07 the TC96 and all its changes, 6 spd., cam-chain tensioner design update across board, auto-adjusting primary chain tensioner, etc; '08 Brembos and ABS option on Tourers, throttle-by-wire, IDS standard on Tourers, etc.

Kind of interesting watching the product evolution of a company whose customers demand the best of both worlds: nostalgia/classic look with updated comforts/technology.

Plus I want to see if that SE Road Glide is a modern take on the Tour Glide. Guess we'll know tomorrow.

Quarenta-tres . . .
Old 07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Excommunicated

The recent improvements every year, is not typical HD. They are struggling and need to sell more bikes. By strugling I don't mean in the poor house, but sales are slow.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What happens if you ride a Street Glide on a road? Or a Road Glide on a street? If one of each were to meet here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.099735&z=13, would it create a rift in the time space continuum?