Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
shop appt. made, credit card ready...

Taking the bike in for my first set of pipes and dyno job next Thursday:

Samson Caliber true dual pipes

Big Sucker Stage I

Power Commander / Dyno
------------------------
total = $1,438

I could have save a little bit if I would have waited and bought on the web, but OH WELL!

Thanks to all the Doofs who contributed to my "wake up in the middle of the night and

< fill in the blank ____________ >
Old 05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Buy a sert and download the stage 1 map to the bike.

Engine by Otto.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Good for you.

Man, I had no idea an EFI bike ran into so much money for such a simple change but performance is the best place to spend money on a bike.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
Buy a sert and download the stage 1 map to the bike.
Won't my shop guy figure out the best map / adjustments when he throws it on the Dyno?

I thought that's why he gets paid the big bucks...
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Most dyno tuners make you buy a sert or they just put in the stock stage 1 download which is still pretty lean.

Engine by Otto.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 PM
8-Ball

You also have two things to go wrong with a power commander. I wouldn't think a SERT would be much more money and it gives you the capability to retune when changes come along...

If your power commander takes a dump on the road, you will be left with whatever map is actually in your bike... I was faced with the same decision and opted for the SERT...

course... then you could also do the auto tune setup from zippers... eliminate the dyno altogether... new ECM/SERT equivalent. $800 - $900 for complete setup, but you can apply the cost of the power commander, the map, and the dyno tune to it.

I hate EFI... just sayin'...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 PM
MFouts

If you were patient and waited a week or two, order online and save $600.00 to $700.00. SERT or PC you can put a map in that is very close you your set-up and find a quality tuner in your area.

Marc
Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I like my Power Commander. My guy dialed it in good. No issues 11000 miles later.

If your dyno guy is worth a darn, you'll be happy.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:09 AM
R.I.P.
just sayin'

racindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Yup, like my PC also. I got the PC and the K&N air cleaner kit for $400.00, took me just over an hour to put both on........ from Jamie at Fuel-Moto. He put in a map that gets you close enough till you can get to a dyno ...............

If something were to happen to it, I could just unplug it and use the stock setup to get me to one of the many US PC dealers

everyone is different, thats why we got so many choices out there. you'll love how good it'll run Jimbo.................

Help save a life, become a donor marrow.org

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Well, I ain't gonna p!ss in your oatmeal, Jimbo.
You've made your decision and the only advice I'll offer is to try to keep your grin covered with your lips when you pick it up.
Bugs, you know...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:54 AM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
If you trust your dyno guy...just go with what he suggests, and what he is most comfortable with...otherwise, I'd just go with the SERT and install everything yourself. I've been able to "self-tune" with my SERT to get rid of the lean condition and popping, just by slightly modifying the stage 1 MAP. Best thing about a SERT, is that there is nothing to install on the bike. You just upload the MAP (which takes 5 min.), and you're on the way...now tweaking that MAP, that's a different story...

Either way, PC or SERT, you'll be fine, and you'll definitely have a big grin on your face afterwards.

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!