Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 08-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
'07 Nightrod

On Tuesday I'm dropping off my Ultra for service and a couple warranty items. When I bought it the dealership gave me a coupon for a one day free weekday rental. I'm getting a Nightrod for the day. I'll let you all know what I think afterward.

I want a preview of what the new Waterbagger engines will be like.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My test ride of the V-rod was short and not so sweet. Personally, I hate that bike...so much so that if I didn't have to get back to my office that day, I'd have turned around immediately and asked for anything else in the rental fleet available. I wouldn't have cared if it was a Rupp mini-bike.

It was uncomfortable for me. I'm a squatty body. The combo of forward pegs and drag-like bars made me really stretch out. The little fairing on the head light forced wind at 50 mph or more right into my face. The seat was hard and so was the suspension.

The worst part for me was the handling. At low (parking lot) speeds, the forks seemed to want to slam over to the left or right turn lock. At speed, it seemed hard as he!! to turn. Instead of counter steering into the start of a turn and letting it fall into it, I had to keep constant counter steering pressure through the whole turn. It really wants to go straight...

I did like the motor and transmission. Not a lot of grunt down low, but ok. I think if they use this motor for a touring bike it could be retuned for better low end torque. Tranny shifted really nice.

Other than that, the V-rod is definately not for me.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
I'm a squatty body..

Define squatty please

I have heard that many full fledged enlightened libs do squat as a non-threatening posture ,,,,,,,,, you don't squat to do you?

Good review by the way.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Define squatty please

Good review by the way.
Short legs, short arms and a massive head.

Thanks.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Jams

Quote:
Short legs, short arms and a massive head.

Thanks.
Troll like?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

I think of it as Gnome like...

Or maybe Keebler Elf.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Jams

Quote:
I think of it as Gnome like...
Or maybe Keebler Elf.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Jams

Just giving you grief today Dan

The visual of a Keebler Elf on a V-Rod is -- "priceless"

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

We have no problem, Jams. I was amused by that mind movie myself.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's