Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It has begun

a few pic's of the cylinders and pistons tomorrow the lower end comes apart , the sump is full of oil and the front rod has some play in it also the cylinders have a slight discoloration but I think that is normal for an air cooled engine
WP_000000.jpg

WP_000001.jpg

WP_000002.jpg

WP_000003.jpg

WP_000004.jpg

WP_000005.jpg

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
They don't look awful.

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thrust faces look good, considering light and angle. Can still see hone marks on the jugs too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
yes the top end looks very good but the front rod feels a little sloppy so tomorrow I'll be tearing the bottom end apart , Hopefully I'll have it up and running by the cloud riders run in may . There's about 40,000 miles on the top end 83,000 on the bottom end

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 04-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBob View Post
They don't look awful.
+1. Looks normal so far.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Was it noisy?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
+1. Looks normal so far.

I don't think it looks normal. I was just out in the garage and all my motorcycles have cylinders that actually enclose the pistons...

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O View Post
yes the top end looks very good but the front rod feels a little sloppy so tomorrow I'll be tearing the bottom end apart , Hopefully I'll have it up and running by the cloud riders run in may . There's about 40,000 miles on the top end 83,000 on the bottom end
If there's up & down slop in the front rod, well....

Sent from my DROID RAZR
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Macro setting on the phone?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Was it noisy?
no it puked the oil out of the motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
If there's up & down slop in the front rod, well....

Sent from my DROID RAZR
side to side , up and down feels tight

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Rods will feel free side to side. W/O knock the clearance should be "OK".

Oil filling the bottom end is usually cause by a failure with the scavenging side of the oil pump not strong enough to evacuate the sump.

If you don't have oil pumping out of the breather tubes then it's probably not caused by blow by past the rings.

JMTCW.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Rods will feel free side to side. W/O knock the clearance should be "OK".

Oil filling the bottom end is usually cause by a failure with the scavenging side of the oil pump not strong enough to evacuate the sump.

If you don't have oil pumping out of the breather tubes then it's probably not caused by blow by past the rings.

JMTCW.
the oil was blowing out of the crank case breather with a lot of aluminum in the oil , i don't see any signs of ware in the oil pump so the aluminum came from some ware as of yet I don't see were

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Dang it anyway. I'm sure something will show up on the tear down.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Under Construction

Some side to side shake is normal. I don't know the spec on a TC, but shovel rod shake is like 3/32 max, IIRC--don't have books handy, so someone weigh in if I'm off on that. If it's solid up & down and shake isn't excessive, your probably OK.

As for oil puking, what's the pinion runout and what's your oil pump look like? Given the look of your pistons and jugs, I don't think you have any significant rod problem.

Edit: I was typing while u answered DJ. Good luck finding the wear point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50

Last edited by TalonChief; 04-05-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
This is an EVO right?