Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Gym
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Gym Put on your sweats and come on in.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...I'm just doing the elliptical trainer at least 30 minutes a day...lately I've had to take a few days off every week...seem to alweays be getting some sorta bug...I think the daughter brings in every germ from Stafford County because she goes to school, then after school its AWANA class once a week, gymnastic class once a week, Reading club at the library once a week...I guess it is nice that she is sharing...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Dang Frank -- height makes a huge difference. Your ending goal is my starting point and I assure you, I look to be a LOT more out of shape than you (and my doctor would agree).

If I can get back around 200 - I'd be a changed man. If I can get back around 180 - I'd start ridin' bulls again. Chip's posts inspired me to quit smoking back in may. Maybe yours and Cindy's will help shake me out of the laziness I've slipped into.

Keep up the good work!

This place is good for me...

... then again, there are other influences.
LOL, I stand 6'3 on a good day and my frame carries the weight pretty good. Most people don't realize that I was almost 300 pounds. What cracks them up the most is seeing someone at 240 run a 10 minute mile and a half. Granted, that's not smoking fast, but it is for someone weighing 240 lbs

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:46 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Weighed in a day early, gym closed today and likely tomorrow. Only exercise we will get will be of our own aerobic style..........

Only lost 2 pounds this week. That's more normal than what I saw last week. I can handle it. diet was off yesterday, but boy was it good

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:23 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am lucky if I lose a half pound a week, believe it or not I generally don't eat much during the week, but I sit on my butt all day at work.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Dang Frank -- height makes a huge difference. Your ending goal is my starting point and I assure you, I look to be a LOT more out of shape than you (and my doctor would agree).

If I can get back around 200 - I'd be a changed man. If I can get back around 180 - I'd start ridin' bulls again. Chip's posts inspired me to quit smoking back in may. Maybe yours and Cindy's will help shake me out of the laziness I've slipped into.
Come join us!! I enjoy the company, and it give me extra motivation too.

Yep, I agree, it's funny how one man's 240 is another man's 180! N00dles is probably around 200 now, but SHOULD be around 160. When we were first married, he must have been between 140-150. I never could find jeans small enough to fit him in men's clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
What cracks them up the most is seeing someone at 240 run a 10 minute mile and a half. Granted, that's not smoking fast, but it is for someone weighing 240 lbs
I don't know. I think that's pretty good time. Even when I was trying to "run" regularly, a 10-minute mile was the best I could do. Now, being 20# bulkier, it's harder to move even that fast.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:26 AM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
I never could find jeans small enough to fit him in men's clothes.
Are you saying that you substituted womens jeans in there for him?

Old 12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

noodles, you sissy

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
this is an insprining thread,

Best of luck to you Frank ! You can do it !

Come Don, get with it, you can do it too !!

Dave - keep working that elbow man !!

I'll be getting with my program again .... after the holidays, like the annual flood of newbies at the gym ..... I have my existing membership there, as Jan so nicely reminded me the other day

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 12-20-2009, 07:40 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
No, boy's sizes. He didn't have the hips to fill out the women's sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
I'll be getting with my program again .... after the holidays, like the annual flood of newbies at the gym ..... I have my existing membership there, as Jan so nicely reminded me the other day
Looking forward to your workouts, Mikey!! It's good to see you again!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:13 PM
And along came SWeDE

BLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sockBLoNDiE doesn't need a tube sock
Keep up the good work honey....mostly when we run outside...i get to see that sexy ass as you go ;P

Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
Just here adding encouragement, way to go turning things around.

My bride is doing this also, and been able to stick with it pretty well past the first few months. Always been a short term thing before, but she's really tackling it this time.

I'm looking forward to having her along skiing and hiking with me next year, and going to buy her a new set of leathers as soon as she gets where she wants to be. She's giving it her best go, and I think she's doing great!

Jay
Old 12-24-2009, 11:10 PM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
LOL, I stand 6'3 on a good day and my frame carries the weight pretty good. Most people don't realize that I was almost 300 pounds. What cracks them up the most is seeing someone at 240 run a 10 minute mile and a half. Granted, that's not smoking fast, but it is for someone weighing 240 lbs
That is plenty fast. 20 minute 3 miles. Congratulations on your success so far.

I'm your height, I would like at be at 235. It's good weight. My exercise problem is all in my head. In my mind I come up with great ways to skip working out. If I just do it and get it over with, I feel 100 times better during the day.

Good Luck,

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King
Old 12-25-2009, 04:06 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerider View Post
My bride is doing this also, and been able to stick with it pretty well past the first few months. Always been a short term thing before, but she's really tackling it this time.

I'm looking forward to having her along skiing and hiking with me next year, and going to buy her a new set of leathers as soon as she gets where she wants to be. She's giving it her best go, and I think she's doing great!
Good for her!!! And good on you for being such an encouraging and supportive husband. You both rock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
My exercise problem is all in my head. In my mind I come up with great ways to skip working out. If I just do it and get it over with, I feel 100 times better during the day.
That's the way it is with most people. You ought to hear some of my lame excuses: My legs hurt; I'm tired; I've got too much to do, etc... My trainer has a response for every one of my excuses: Shut up and do it anyway; you're already here, so you might as well knock some cardio out while you're here; it's only an hour, etc.... Some days I really don't like him.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerider View Post
Just here adding encouragement, way to go turning things around.

That's awesome! Good for her! The support is the key. Gotta keep showing her where you see the progress. I do that to Blondie all the time (she just says I'm groping her all the time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
That is plenty fast. 20 minute 3 miles. Congratulations on your success so far.

I'm your height, I would like at be at 235. It's good weight. My exercise problem is all in my head. In my mind I come up with great ways to skip working out. If I just do it and get it over with, I feel 100 times better during the day.

Good Luck,
235 would be awesome. I was in some of my best shape at 240. I always come up with a reason, but have been doing a good job at keeping away from the excuses lately (cept for when we were on vacation).

Tonight was one of the nights I just wasn't feeling it. I slept like a rock last night. Second night back at the house and in our bed again, so we are both dead to the world at night. Got to the gym before Blondie and took a short nap in the truck.

Got into the gym, did 45 minutes on the cross trainer. My legs were dragging tonight. I'll get after it on the treadmill tomorrow evening.

didn't weigh in this week. Will plan on weighing in on Sunday, my normal weigh in day.

Blondie's kickin some ass too!

Thanks for all of the encouragement!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
along came Blondie......

Took a couple days off. Tweaked my left knee somehow last time I was at the gym. Hurt like hell that night and yesterday when going up and down the stairs. Doing better tonight.....