Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
I'm so lost...

Now I'm trying to sort out the meaning of "yup, done with the PV"

1.) Yes, this work was performed using the PV with great success....or
2.) Yes, I am done with the PV and have switched to a different tuner...

:scratch:
Option 1.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Oh goody great to hear.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I guess I should have phrased the question, Was this tuning done using the PV as the tuner?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 03-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
To be perfectly, utterly clear.....I am very happy with my PV. I am very happy with my Jackpot headpipe. I am very happy with my experience(s) dealing with Fuel Moto and Jamie Long.

I would recommend their products to anyone.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I watched and the process and in less than an hour Smart Dave had the PV figured out and was tuning away.....It works.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Excellent news! You did confuse my little brain there for a bit.... but thanks for clearing it up!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Breaker of Stuff

And we're done. I'll scan the sheets tomorrow.

I'm very, very pleased.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Breaker of Stuff

OK, I couldn't wait. 109/113. No, it's not a balls-out build. With a Fatcat I think I would have seen the torque around 120....But then I wouldn't be able to ride it for more than 20 minutes.

We ended up with 12 discs and open caps. That makes for a deeper sound that's a bit louder than the closed caps, but not obnoxiously so. It's still quieter than the 255 with 15 discs and the closed caps.

It doesn't feel fast. It's not an arm-stretcher. The lower cylinder pressure makes for less immediacy when I jump on the throttle. There's more power, but it spools up a bit slower. There's also a TON less engine braking for the same reason.

Other than the intake noise (which I really hope I get used to) it's a great touring build. And it highlights the importance of having a builder who asks the right questions and listens to the answer(s). I did not want a beast of a motor. If I did, I would have gone with a 10.5:1 113 with a different cam (T-Man 625 probably) and headwork. I would have been well over 120/120 with a different pair of mufflers. But that's not what this build was about.

With a CCP around 192, I've got a build that won't beat the hell out of the crank (I was 215 stock), and isn't loud. I've got plenty of passing power, and great roll-on response.

BTW, the initial peak torque number was higher (with the closed caps) but the curve looks a ton better now, doesn't it? Bragging rights don't mean squat when you're going down the road.

Dave did it again.....He built the motor I wanted, not the one that makes for the dyno chart that'll sell a ton of builds.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1394933853.588203.jpg (60.7 KB, 28 views)

Old 03-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk

And home just in time for the next snow event.

Kimber

Old 03-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Screw it Mike, I'm riding tomorrow. Bike's a mess from riding in PA the last two weeks.

Oh, and our bikes suck.....I got a peek at Dave's 145 Road King. Holy smoke did he do that thing up right. He cut and re-fabbed the frame so that it looks sort-of stock.

I also learned that I'm too damn big for a Dyna. But boy is J's bike a bunch of fun to ride.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:44 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice chart!
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Screw it Mike, I'm riding tomorrow. Bike's a mess from riding in PA the last two weeks.

Oh, and our bikes suck.....I got a peek at Dave's 145 Road King. Holy smoke did he do that thing up right. He cut and re-fabbed the frame so that it looks sort-of stock.

While they aren't nearly as powerful or fast as a 145, I wouldn't say they SUCK. Besides, if I had a 145 I might as well stock up on tires and brake pads.

I also learned that I'm too damn big for a Dyna. But boy is J's bike a bunch of fun to ride.

Yeah, I don't fit a Dyna either, and your right, it was a fun bike before the latest upgrades.
145?

Have fun tomorrow, wish I could join you but I'm tied up with work unless it's shitty, and I ain't riding in shitty.

Kimber

Old 03-15-2014, 09:51 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great I have to chase you to Iowa and back!
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Mike - Yeah, I'd need to keep a really good lawyer on retainer if I had a 145. That bike looks dangerous when it's parked. You can tell what Dave likes though.....He's got 5 Road Kings in his garage.

Dave - What you won't be is deafened by my exhaust. I was really worried about the sound level, and it's downright docile. It's definitely quicker than it was, but it's a real Q-ship....It's sneaky fast. Good Lord I love my Fatshotz! They're really versatile mufflers.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
Great I have to chase you to Iowa and back!
How is that any different than any other ride?

Kimber