Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Smile Finally will ride again soon(UPdated 3/30)

As some of you know, my bike has been down for a long time..October to be exact. Not exactly sure what happened here, but take a look.....

Some of you Rev Perf 98 kit guys might not want to look........

Well, I am bored now as my cases are at Hillside cycle, waiting for some bad ass parts to go in them...

More to follow...Just a sneak peak now...
Oh, by the way, crank showed .0045 runout....

And yes my garage is carpeted....so what....

Lifetime warranty..Will have to call and see whats what there....

Last edited by TXCHOP; 03-30-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: updated
Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Known Associate

And for the record....just looked at my notes of the 98 kit...I had 5653.3 miles on everything....Yes, you can feel those stripes and the pistons, well, past the point of no return....
Old 02-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I got RP 98. 20k miles. Recomended by everyone. Waas told how great it was by the salesman.

The marks on cylnders, what caused them?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Known Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I got RP 98. 20k miles. Recomended by everyone. Waas told how great it was by the salesman.

The marks on cylnders, what caused them?
Same here berserker..As for the marks....I have some theories, but i am afraid i am going to get the i didn't clean them well enough statement...

Alls i can do is laugh at this point...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
How did you know? Oil use? Noise? I got 20k. So feel kinda good. But not warm and fuzy.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Known Associate

Well, vibrations, noise when cold..Not sure on oil use as i change my oil too dam much. I was on my way back from myrtle. Started to hear a bit of a noise while almost home.

I am not blaming the cyls for the motor not running though. It was a lifter that Seized.But i shut it down right away...Took out cams, and oil pump. On tear down, noticed crank was shot. So really this was a snowball affect..Everything i took off looked like crap.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
My RevPerf stuff looked like yours. 10,000 miles and was using a quart every 800-900 miles.

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Excommunicated

I don't know what to think. Like I said got 20k, runs good. Is using some oil. But always did. I started righting down mileage and amount added.

Went to Sturgis, 2000 miles around a quart, and high speeds. So a little more use then I would like, but not panicing yet. Gonna do a leak dean test one of these days.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Excommunicated

What I wonder about more is my head work. My dyno #s match what was claimed without headwork. HDWrench is farming out his heads now, so how good were the ones he did?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Known Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Hey Chop, I see more than one bike in that nice garage. How come you hadn't been riding?
haaa...got me..

We, there is a 06 Softail standard. Its my brothers bike, that i do use once in a while. Don't like to take advantage too much....

Then the orange S/E is a customers bike. Just finished up a SS570 cam, fueling oil pump and plate, S+S adjustable p-rods, black roadrage exhaust and a chrome inner primary..

Not shown is dads bike..I am in the process of reorganizing my garage as a second lift is showing up today or tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
My RevPerf stuff looked like yours. 10,000 miles and was using a quart every 800-900 miles.
Can't see the pics here at work, but my RevPerf 98" kit was striped as in other pictures I've seen. I had right at 7000 miles on it. GMR installed the kit. I was getting some oil blow by... One quart every 1200 miles. It did some rattling when cold.

Berserker, monitor your oil usage closely and write it down. Oil blow by, will, along with some rattling when cold, be common demoninators.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Damm Danno, it looks like you took photo's of MY 98" cylinders and pistons. That piston slap really makes for some nice noise at speed, 'eh? My solution for a while was to turn the radio up louder!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Known Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Damm Danno, it looks like you took photo's of MY 98" cylinders and pistons. That piston slap really makes for some nice noise at speed, 'eh? My solution for a while was to turn the radio up louder!!
Yeah...Sucks, but what am i going to do..No sense getting mad about it. Just chalking it up to experiance. I also know i will not let anyone else pick out parts for me, or be a guinea pig for anyone!!!

And another lesson..Dont buy anything for a warranty. Lifetime doesn't always mean that.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, they did redo my cylinders and clean up my pistons. I promptly sold them!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
So what do you have now?

Looks like a lot of Hillside believers out there.
Mike, I have my original HD "seasoned" TC88 iron sleeved cylinders punched out for the 98" piston bore,... and new pistons, & rings. This is the same build 8-Ball has.

I hope like hell it holds together. I've got 550 miles on the build so far, so I'm still breaking things in...