Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Vote : Trailor

I recently bought a 6 x 10 landscape trailer with a pressure treated plank bed. Got it mostly for other things but the bikes were certainly on the back of my mind too...

They do come in handy

Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A come along won't balance your bike going up the ramp.

And you can't run the come along and hold the bike at the same time.

And the come along gets about 2 inches a pull, so we're talking around 10 minutes to hold the bike and run the handle.

But I'm not mechanically inclined at all.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If the bike's that bad, call a wrecker.

They can lift the bike on a standard wrecker and not worry about damaging it.

They did Why Me's in AR last year under a few of our supervision and did a superb job.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
If the bike's that bad, call a wrecker.

They can lift the bike on a standard wrecker and not worry about damaging it.

They did Why Me's in AR last year under a few of our supervision and did a superb job.
Yup...no damage at all.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Think about one like this (click me).

Wide as the tailgate, weighs 50 pounds, and rides on your 2" receiver hitch. Easier to get it up and down, even if it's dead, when you can get both feet down. Next, think about a winch in the bed with remote to pull a dead bike up and in if the need arises. A winch and that ramp would make loading and unloading an easier one man job.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:16 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just ride the fukkin thing
Sent from my lawnguyland droid
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-07-2010, 10:13 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
If you are inclined to use the bed of your truck for hauling your bike, then invest in good ramps, and get an electric winch motor with a long corded remote so you can walk the bike up the ramp with YOUR finger on the remote button.

I was at the H-D dealer one evening getting some parts, and everyone was running to the outside...A guy trying to load a brand new bike on a pickup, but it went over the side of the ramp and pinned him underneath the bike, hurt him bad...ambulance, bike totally screwed...could have been avoided.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 08-07-2010, 10:34 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
I was at the H-D dealer one evening getting some parts, and everyone was running to the outside...A guy trying to load a brand new bike on a pickup, but it went over the side of the ramp and pinned him underneath the bike, hurt him bad...ambulance, bike totally screwed...could have been avoided.

Thorns
That would really suck the fun out of the day you get your new bike.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Double-D

Did they fix it under warranty?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

I rode my bike home from the dealer.

Devalued it from the start.

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Double-D

Same here. Matter of fact, I even rode DPH's bike home from the dealership. She was feeling a little newbish to try and tackle their parking lot ramp...quite steep.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When I bought my Dyna I rode the Bagger over to the dealership just to ride my new Dyna home.... Then I had to get a ride back to the dealer to get the Bagger.

Maybe I should look into a bike trailor that can tow a bike with the other bike.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 AM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Me View Post
Think about one like this (click me).

Wide as the tailgate, weighs 50 pounds, and rides on your 2" receiver hitch. Easier to get it up and down, even if it's dead, when you can get both feet down. Next, think about a winch in the bed with remote to pull a dead bike up and in if the need arises. A winch and that ramp would make loading and unloading an easier one man job.

You can buy a good trailer for less than that.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodawwg View Post
You can buy a good trailer for less than that.
You could have the bike shipped across the country for less than that.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
....and trailers ain't hard to pull.

Quit being a puss.

maybe its the ''backin it up'' part that skeers him...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep