Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:43 AM
8-Ball

What tools do you pack for a trip.

I've got the Cruz Toolz tool roll, but have come to realize it is pretty minimal.

I'd be interesed to know what you lifers take with you.

My plan is to take the following:

Cruz tools

1/4" ratchet
3/8" ratchet/extension/universal
bailing wire
zip ties
flash light
2 plugs
gapping tool
allen sockets
10mm 12 point socket
buck tool
electrical tape
loctite
allens (1 metric for torca clamp)
special tools I've made for some of my modifications
flashlight
tire gauge
flat repair kit
screw driver
torca clamp
pipe clamps (2)
spark plug socket

Anything else I should bring, can't think of anything.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:21 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
You don't need to take any. . . just take a Bear with you. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 06-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
I got to be honest, I don't take any. The few times I needed a tool swim had me covered.

I would had bubble gum. We got Chopper Jim's voltage regulator wire repaired with it.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
You don't need to take any. . . just take a Bear with you. . .
LittleBear is an excellent accessory to any trip.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 06-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
I am not sure you want my tool list.

Tools: I am sure I missed a few
1/2 deep socket
9/16 deep socket
3/4 12 point socket
Oil filter strap wrench
5/8 spark plug wrench
spark plug gap tool
6" 3/8 drive ratchet
8" 3/8 drive break over bar
3/8 to 1/4 adapter
8" long 1/4" drive extension
3" long 3/8" drive swivel extension
1/4" drive bit adapter
complete set of screw driver bits
Torx bits up to T45
Allen bits to 1/4
1/4" box end wrench cut off for use on EVO lifter blocks
1/4" ratcheting box end wrench
5/16 box end wrench
3/8 box end wrench
10 mm box end wrench (Must have for the battery)
7/16 box end wrench
1/2 box end wrench
9/16 box end wrench
combination open end wrench 1/2 - 9/16
combination box end wrench 5/8 - 3/4
3" crescent wrench (my first tool has to come along)
8" wide jaw crescent wrench
11/16 deep socket
3/8 drive 5/16 allen socket
4" mini channel locks (were my granddad's carry for luck but do use them)
4" pliers
6" wire cutters
#0 Phillips screw driver
small regular screwdriver (was my dad's carry for luck but also use it)
6" long 3/4 drive extension
metric allen wrenches for carb screws
5/16 socket
Set of long ball end allen wrenches up to 3/8
6" pair of vice grips with bolt gripping jaws
Cable ties
Bailing wire
blue locktite
duct tape
electrical tape
antiseize
white lithium grease
dielectric grease
voltage test light
Tire plug kit
Co2 tire inflater
Tire pressure gauge
Valve stem core wrench
Small DMM from Radio Shack with built in leads
3 flashlights, one is the Inova 24/7 for emergency flashers http://www.inovalight.com/

Spare parts:
Various nuts and bolts.
2 spark plugs
Crank position sensor
40 amp main circuit breaker
Hose clamps in 3 sizes for oil lines and gas lines
2' Oil Line
oil line splice
4' 18 awg wire
front brake pads (Each bike has their own set on the bike)
rear brake pads (Each bike has their own set on the bike)
bank angle sensor
saddlebag 1/4 turn lock bolts and washers for EG
valve stem core
1156 bulb
1157 bulb
H4 halogen headlight bulb

On the Heritage I also carry the stock ignition module, spare air line and T connectors for the Legend Air shocks, 2 lifters, 1 adjustable push rod and lifter block gaskets and push rod o-rings

Please so not ask why I carry all this stuff, I just do.

Last edited by LittleBear; 07-08-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Kenney

Use the tools that you carry on the road to do your maintenance. That way you will know if you have all the tools that you need.
Also carry: extra screws, nuts & bolts, 36” 22 gage wire, Ty-raps, Tail light /stop light bulb, the hand wipes that you get at some restraints, duct tape.

Check your route and note the locations and Ph numbers of the HD dealers along the way.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
LittleBear is an excellent accessory to any trip.
Thank you DNM.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 AM
8-Ball

LittleBear... so, you ride naked?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
You forgot duct tape and wd40. some of the dia something grease for electric sockets might be nice or LPS

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Kenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
Use the tools that you carry on the road to do your maintenance. That way you will know if you have all the tools that you need.
Also carry: extra screws, nuts & bolts, 36” 22 gage wire, Ty-raps, Tail light /stop light bulb, the hand wipes that you get at some restraints, duct tape.

Check your route and note the locations and Ph numbers of the HD dealers along the way.
Did I say "restraints", I don't believe it.
That will teach me to read the spell checker before I click the mouse.
It should have been "Restaurants".
Old 06-24-2007, 09:40 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
Did I say "restraints", I don't believe it.
That will teach me to read the spell checker before I click the mouse.
It should have been "Restaurants".
Yeah... common mistake...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Harley factory tool kit. (It was a gift) And American Express.....don't leave home without it.

Highmiles

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 06-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
You forgot duct tape and wd40. some of the dia something grease for electric sockets might be nice or LPS
Hate WD40 but I forgot to list the dielectric grease. I do carry it so I added it.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
couple ft of #12 insulted wire. use it for larger wire splices.
other than that, ya got it covered. cept littlebear.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
LittleBear... so, you ride naked?
Nope in addition to all that, I carry rain gear, crash bar lowers, Handlebar gauntlets, fleece pullover, long johns, Seal Skin socks, rain cover for gear bag, 2 extra bungee cords, first aid kit, heavy winter gauntlet gloves, medium weight lined deer skin gloves, Lock box for gun, Goggles for night and riding in the rain, bandannas, quart of oil, small squirt bottle of scooter buff with microfiber cloth, cell phone charger and adapter cable, camera USB cable, and some shop towels in my saddlebags.

Last edited by LittleBear; 06-24-2007 at 01:10 PM.