Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Oh here we go.. 10.25:1 Ross pistons installed fly cut to clear cams up to .630 lift. Pistons and jugs installed. Head porting is next.

While he was working on it, he found my rear exhaust pipe cracked all the way through. Hmm I was wondering why it was backfiring on start up recently!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ben Frazier RoadKing 003.jpg (31.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Ben Frazier RoadKing 005.jpg (93.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Ben Frazier RoadKing 007.jpg (55.4 KB, 66 views)

Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That kind of looks familiar.....happened to me on way home from ES 2 yrs ago. Build sounds like its going good. What cam did you decide on?

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
When I left we were talking about the 255's as he had them in stock. But with the adjustable pushrods and the valve reliefs on the pistons being so big, I'll have the ability to swap them out and play around with different grinds...if I want.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I like my bacon battered

my vacation is at an end. As I drive back closer to home I'm getting reports of where my bike is at in the transformation.

The latest is that the heads are decked and ported, new guides installed, larger intake valves, intake and injector body are ported, just waiting on the new valve springs to show up and the heads should be done. Meanwhile they're getting flowed so he can match some cams up to them.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 07-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Site Sponsor
Doof Member

JDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
This is a great time to ditch the true duals for a Fat cat. You will gain about 10- 20 tq at 2200 rpm with the fat cat. Get the wrapped performance baffle.

Route 412, Bethlehem. 412 = (4, 1+2=3) = 43
Old 07-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I like my bacon battered

Dang! That's a lot to go from a TD to a Fat cat!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDsCycleWorks View Post
This is a great time to ditch the true duals for a Fat cat. You will gain about 10- 20 tq at 2200 rpm with the fat cat. Get the wrapped performance baffle.
It made a BIG difference in the performance of my bike. It was worth the money spent for me.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
I'll only add that whatever you have done, have the compression matched to whatever cam you go with. I would also consider keeping the comp ratio around 9.5-9.7 range. Fuel quality is a crap shoot these days and you don't need a build that's octane dependent.

I know from experience that a 10.5-1, 98 cubes and a bit more money than I spent was only 1.3-1.4 seconds faster in the quarter mile.
As someone else asked, "only?" With the proper work and tune, you will find increased power throughout the RPM range - the pipeyness will be over, it will be more forgiving, you won't have to downshift to pass or instead of 2 gears, it will only take 1.

The cam makes a huge difference. The one I used needs more compression, even if I am at the bottom of the recommended comp. My cam pulls throughout the rpm range, it may have a little less total hp, but the power throughout makes up for it. It definately is not a high mileage cam, but I did not buy a Harley for it's mileage.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I like my bacon battered

Cams are in, SE pressure plate is in. All that's left is the breather box back gasket, then the rest can go together. I asked what cams he used and he said based upon the head work he went with SE253's.