Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
What did the battery measure?

When my clutch went, it would not extend. I knew it though, I had been cranking on it when it died.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
If it extends the pinion to the starter gear on the clutch basket and
you hear the starter motor spinning then it is the clutch. (the bastage)

You know the drill. Gotta pull the starter and you already have the primary
cover off so you can pull the pinion.

Sorry, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I'm on it like hair on a gorilla.....pullin the starter tonight....may just go ahead and buy a 1.7 kw starter (for when I upgrade to a 117) and keep the old one for a spare.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Haawk - PTUI - Crap

Pete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Thuis what happens when people think there special.
Will you please quit fukkin about and just say what you think.

Jeez

-Shakespeare-Hamlet

"Generally speaking, you don't die on motorcycles.
You die a few yards away from what's left of them."

-Me
Old 04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Starter out.......primary chain adjusted.......waiting on ALLBALLS 1.7 kw chrome starter
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilks View Post
I'm on it like hair on a gorilla.....pullin the starter tonight....may just go ahead and buy a 1.7 kw starter (for when I upgrade to a 117) and keep the old one for a spare.
I would replace the starter clutch. The rule of thumb, Ihave heard on built motors, is replace it one time, then get new starter if it doesn't hold. But if you got stock motor, you don't need it.

I fried mine cranking on it, when my igntion went, and I was 80 miles from home and 100 degrees out. I now carry an ignition.

Pushed the damn thing up hill twice to try bump starting
Old 04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Smoker of Tires

95'....Hillside Stage III heads w/releases....Woods 400G cam....10.6 to 1 comp. forged pistons......FatCat.....Dyna Ign....Se CV44 carb....S&S Rollers....S&S gear drive.....114/112

I'm going to put a clutch in the old starter and keep it for a spare......New starter will handle the 117 at the end of the year too
Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Excommunicated

With little higher compression probably wouldn't hurt. Either way.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Smoker of Tires

Thanks for the help
Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Excommunicated

Seems like you got it figured out on your own. This why you need two bikes. So you have two t fix when you want to go riding. Ha
Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 PM
8-Ball

shlt Berserk... you carry a lot of crap with you when you ride... where do you have the room for everything... I make a mental note every time you say that you carry a spare... Its almost an entire bike...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Excommunicated

I keep this stuff with me all the time
Emergency belt, ignitom,misc nuts /bolts, ignitions, quart of oil, 1/2 breaker bar, 1 1/2 socket, plugs, tyraps, then the standard wrenches, allens, sockets,extentions, ect. Hoses, clamps, stock oil filter base.

I used to split between bags for weight. But then you got two bags that are not that useable.

My right bag is for tools. New bike is less then 1/2 full. Expensive building up the tool supply. Dammit, had a bolt come, my own fault off the exhaust last week, luckily I was able to get one at work. Need to add those.

I got 1/4 drive ratchet on the new bike too. Complete set of ball allens and torq sockets. I don't knowm which sides I need for sure yet.

2nd bike had little tool bag udner seat, with some extra. Then I had a fork bag. I just keep growing to the size of my tank.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I keep this stuff with me all the time
Emergency belt, ignitom,misc nuts /bolts, ignitions, quart of oil, 1/2 breaker bar, 1 1/2 socket, plugs, tyraps, then the standard wrenches, allens, sockets,extentions, ect. Hoses, clamps, stock oil filter base.

I used to split between bags for weight. But then you got two bags that are not that useable.

My right bag is for tools. New bike is less then 1/2 full. Expensive building up the tool supply. Dammit, had a bolt come, my own fault off the exhaust last week, luckily I was able to get one at work. Need to add those.

I got 1/4 drive ratchet on the new bike too. Complete set of ball allens and torq sockets. I don't knowm which sides I need for sure yet.

2nd bike had little tool bag udner seat, with some extra. Then I had a fork bag. I just keep growing to the size of my tank.
Looks like you are missing duct tape and bailing wire.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Excommunicated

I got some elec tape and I think I got mini roll of duct tape, OL bought, have to double check now.

I have been meaning to add bailing wire. Thanks for reminding me. I got some real stiff stuff on my sled, but want something little more bendible.

Also got wire and wirenuts. Wire strippers, photo cpied elec schematic aon 11x17 for around town. I tend to take service manual on trips.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
That is everything but the kitchen sink.

I carry a bunch of stuff in my saddle bags on the XLCH. The ironhead calls
for lots of tlc while on the road.
I don't carry as much on the evo. We did need a bunch of stuff last
year at Myrtle Beach as my buddies evo had electrical gremlins for
the trip.

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker