Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRock View Post
KT,
The T-Header is notorious for overscavenging on the front cylinder, especially with that 570 cam and good heads. (I'm guessing thats the cam you mean, anyway). And especially under 100 cubes. Front to rear cylinder trim will gain you some smoothness at idle and low speed and add a bit of power. Latest PC's, SERTS, TCFI's, and Thundermax all have the capability in the hands of a good tuner. Great pipe, just needs some adjustments to work real well with the EFI.

G
GRock,
Yep I am finding all of that out, I have been running a SERT and using a Twin Scan 88 to do some of the tuning and of course paying way to much in dyno fees so I went and got a TCFI II and am waiting for a cable to begin the tuning process.. Cant wait, hope it is there waiting for me today.
I am sure I will be begging for some of your wisdom

KT
Old 06-18-2007, 02:14 AM
TC88

Would it be a real bad idea in the performance department to switch my TH out for some V&H short shots???? I'm thinking it would lose a bunch of low end torque???
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I just put on the V&H Pro pipe, there was no second choice, i want the power and torque that these systems give the bike, and i think it looks great.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 06-18-2007, 04:54 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Why would anyone choose anything other than a 2:1 exhaust for performance?
I am believer....now.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
It's not to loud. You can't even play loud music up here but the LEOs let my pipe go. It's not tin can like loud. It's like tuba. And some of the Doofs here rode behind me in Kansas City. However, I have been known to out blip a person or too. I won't name any names.

I think I can agree with you on the benefits of a 2 into 1 system, but who in their right mind would admit that their bike sounded like a TUBA?.......................

..................oompah?

Highmiles

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I don't know what Tuba's sound like in Charlotte. But here, their pretty loud and deep. I like that. Now that I would expect a faringless person to understand.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
I don't know what Tuba's sound like in Charlotte. But here, their pretty loud and deep. I like that. Now that I would expect a faringless person to understand.
This was all pretty good natured, but "faringless"? Ouch, that hurt!

Highmiles

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Not ment to pinch. Just stating the obvious.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRock View Post
...rear cylinder trim will gain you some smoothness at idle and low speed and add a bit of power.... just needs some adjustments to work real well...
Was kinda wanting to hear more about smooth trim when I'm idle... that generally works well for me... Just sayin'.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 AM
KTWillys

Whats a Fairing?????
Old 06-20-2007, 08:08 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Whats a Fairing?????
Isn't that some sort of British currency?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 AM
KTWillys

I think that you are right but dont think it is worth very much.. kind of like a pisso
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

A fairing is that thing that gets beat to death after your face, teeth, and chest are coverd in Helamonsters and god knows what from a couple back to back long days rides. Your mileage may vary.