Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Leatherworks bags arriving tomorrow...

...hope I like 'em. Kinda late to ask, but any have any experience with them?

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 02-05-2007, 09:09 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
...hope I like 'em. Kinda late to ask, but any have any experience with them?
nope...but I wanna check em out...I've been shoppin' new bags...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Okie Dokie.

I'll post some pics after I get them on. Then you can check 'em out on the next ride, right after the Ice Age comes to an end.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Okie Dokie.

I'll post some pics after I get them on. Then you can check 'em out on the next ride, right after the Ice Age comes to an end.

You all set with installing them, or do you want some help and our worthless opinions?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
You all set with installing them, or do you want some help and our worthless opinions?
Thanks but I think I got that covered. As a matter of fact I may go out to the garage now and put 'em on.

The HD supports I got are flared out a little too far, may have to use the "foot wrench" on 'em so they will lay a little closer to the bike.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Are those American Eagle Leatherworks bags, or Leatherworks bags out of Stockton, CA?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Permanently Pissy

Leatherworks out of Stockton. The Indian Nickel people.

Looks like thats what you have there. Very nice.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
GrayRider

How do they mount?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
How do they mount?
They are throw overs. A piece of leather on the backside for the support to slip through and hold it steady. I noticed last week when I put the supports on the looked like they were flared out a little too much for my taste.

I just went out to the garage and slipped the bags on and sure enough, they were cocked at too much of an angle. So I used the "foot wrench" and they now fit much better. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I'm just happy to have found a supports and throw overs that didn't necessitate me relocating my turn signals.

By the way the bags look like great quality. I'm happy.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Your gonna love em Billy! Strong, solid, good looking bags...
http://leatherworksinc.com/?q=
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0039.JPG (185.8 KB, 13 views)

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Your gonna love em Billy! Strong, solid, good looking bags...
http://leatherworksinc.com/?q=
Your bike looks great. Those look exactly like the bags I purchased. Really happy with quality of the leather and construction.

I will post pics of mine in a few.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Permanently Pissy

Tah Dah!! Here they are. Very happy but will need to adjust the supports inward a little more for my taste. May wait a while for the leather to break in (and thaw out!) before I adjust any further.

Did not need to relocate the turn signals, which was not easy on a dyna. Had a tuff time finding the supports but actually found they at HD. Drag Specialties makes a knock off version for a lot cheaper.

The only real mod was removing the stock turn signal "stem" and replacing it with the chrome round stock type that came in the kit (see pic below). A little wire splicing and we were in business.

Thanks to all that provided advice. I never thought I would get bags on my bike without relocating the signals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001 (Small).jpg (58.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003 (Small).jpg (49.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004 (Small).jpg (39.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 010 (Small).jpg (39.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 007 (Small).jpg (68.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 006 (Small) (2).jpg (48.3 KB, 12 views)

Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great lookin' bags Billy.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Good job my man. I sure hope the el nino swings the weather a bit for ya.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Look Good. Mine are American Eagle Leather Works bags. I did have Leatherworks bags on it prior to these and they are great bags. I still have them.