Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
My brother from another mother.

Like Noodles, he has trouble signing a 43.
Too cool, uncanny resemblance...

Dirk
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I've seen plenty of Texas to last me for a while.

Finally got to hit a few twisting roads yesterday. Most however, including the best one was covered with tar snakes and I was not comfortable letting the big dog out...

The heavy rains in the area have caused serious run off issues with many corners and low area with mud, sediment and gravel across the roads. In many areas the crews had roads posted and were out with loaders cleaning up. The one road I really wanted to ride in south central NM, highway 152 was closed at the eastern mountain entrance. We had to detour further south around, and by the time we got to Silver City, the thunderstorms were over the mountain to Gila Cliff Dwellings.

Still was a good day of riding even though part was spent in rain gear. Passed through Alpine, AZ. What an absoutly beautiful place. 8000 ft up, pine tree covered, green grass, log houses and cabins everywhere. I could see a summer place up there if we lived out this way.

Finally saw some wildlife bigger than squirrels. A few deer, one coyote, and three large bull elk feeding way out off the highway. Too far for a good camera shot.

Will post more pictures later.

Kimber

Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Double-D

Sweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suck
Thank you so much for sharing your pics. Please keep them coming, I'm living vicariously through you two. Sure wish I was there. Continue to be safe please.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeveless View Post
This is an actual town in Texas. We thought it was funny and had not idea the was a town called earth.
We have more of the universe here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
A partial list of a few other spots you missed in TX:
Nameless, Bovina, Muleshoe, Sweet Home, Happy, Joy, Utopia, Oatmeal, Okra, Muenster, Lollipop, Apple Springs, Ding Dong, , Weeping Mary, Zipperlandville, Fly Gap, Fluvanna, Loco, Noodle, Cut And Shoot, Gun Barrel City, Lazbuddie, Bug Tussle, Uncertain, Dime Box, North Zulch, Jot 'em Down,
And those on the E TX G.B.N.F. ride were seen in Sacul, Reklaw, and Looneyville.
I was through Oatmeal and Ding Dong the other day.

A bunch of us took a detour to Dinero, TX on the way south one time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venus.jpg (77.1 KB, 78 views)

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Good times.

...I am overdue for a long vacation on the bike.

...maybe next year (or did I say that last year).
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 07-29-2013, 11:05 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Between T or C NM and Showlow AZ. The twisty road he wanted to ride was closed. We have changed routes due to rain or closed road. Still having a good time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-07-25_15-13-06_772.jpg (60.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg P7250314.jpg (82.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg P7250316.jpg (71.9 KB, 71 views)

Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Bucks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cropped Bucks.jpg (69.0 KB, 71 views)

Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 PM
S.S.S.

They were working on the sign, but we still stood on the corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7260324.jpg (73.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg P7260326.jpg (91.7 KB, 71 views)

Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeveless View Post
They were working on the sign, but we still stood on the corner.
Did you see a herd of Road Glides? Their gathering is out that way this week.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
Did you see a herd of Road Glides? Their gathering is out that way this week.
No.

Kimber

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
No.
I think they were in Winslow a day ahead of you. A friend of mine is with them.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Double-D

Sweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suck
I still love the pictures, thanks.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I think they were in Winslow a day ahead of you. A friend of mine is with them.
You have other friends?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
You have other friends?
Other? You like me, you really really like me!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Other? You like me, you really really like me!
No but I think noodles does
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty