Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
We used chains for years, just like carbs, sometime the old way is the best way. Granted belts are good but when they are bad they are really bad. In all my years I have never had a chain break, but my FXST snapped them like twigs. With the modern O ring chain they are quiet, clean and low maint once they get through their initial stretch. For what I am planning they are probably my best choice, trailer, ALCAN and up to the circle, lots of gravel, pulling a small trailer. I have studied Zerks trip and tribulations, I need to prepare the bike and the belt is a liability. If I wasent making this trip or pulling 300 lbs behind me I would probably just keep the belt. Besides, when they do wear out they can be changed in ten minutes.
Dave I have the socket and locking tool if you need them.

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King